This Years Team MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Years Team MVP

So who is it? You could make a case for a number of players.
    Carl Hall
    0.00%
    Toure' Murry
    11.27%
    Joe Ragland
    64.79%
    Ben Smith
    0.00%
    Garrett Stutz
    23.94%
    Other
    0.00%
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I voted for Joe Ragland, but I think a case could be made for Garrett, Ben, and Toure.

Carl is an amazing player, and he is going to develop into an even more dominating force next year. He had a hell of a game on the boards against VCU. 110% effort, all the time from him.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Garrett had a nice streak of several games but overall it's got to be Joe. It sure was nice to have good pg play throughout the season. It was a big difference from last year.
      In the fast lane

Comment

I'm not sure Joe enjoys his success without Stutz's presence inside. And probably vice versa.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Definitely couldn't have done anything without everybody's contributions. Joe seemed to be the key. I wish he was utilized more on offense than he actually was. I really wish he would have been used more in our final plays in the Illinois State and VCU games. I get it that they probably had him blanketed in both, but I really want the ball in his hands during crunchtime. I would rather have Ragland taking a heavily contested shot than Stutz taking a fallaway 3 or jumper, like the result ended up being in both games.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There was reason the focus of VCU's game plan was to take away Joe which they did fairly effectivley although he still finished with 15 points.

Comment

Joe had a tremendous season and mostly was the glue that kept this team going and winning.

He certainly has to be included in that long list of outstanding Shocker guards.

Comment

Love Joe. But wonder why in close games he did not have ball, or show to ask for the ball, or as our Sr. PG, did not demand the ball at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Love Joe. But wonder why in close games he did not have ball, or show to ask for the ball, or as our Sr. PG, did not demand the ball at the end of the game.
                  VCU threw a blanket over our Sr PG. Joe was never open enough to even attempt a pass to him.

As bad as WSU wanted the ball in Ragland's hands, VCU wanted even more to keep it out of his hands. The other team gets involved in who gets the ball. WSU ran multiple screens to have multiple options. Nobody got open off the screens, Kyles was late getting to the corner, and the screener (Stutz) turned out to be the only option. VCU left him relatively undefended in order to concentrate on the better shooters. They executed their plan better.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Tough call but had to go with Joe. He became such a clutch player. Hard to chose between Joe and Toure for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X