From a VCU fan, hell of a game guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a VCU fan, hell of a game guys

After playing you guys down to the wire last year, and watching you guys wreck our ACC neighbors in the NIT, I grew to respect the Shockers a lot last season. I was stoked for your success this season and really looked forward to rooting for you guys throughout the tournament...

Until CBS showed that we would be playing each other.

Anyways, just wanted to say, that was one hell of a game, you guys had a special senior class and I hope that Gregg Marshall sticks around for you guys, he's building something special there. Neither team deserved to lose tonight, I'm upset that the committee had to put us together in that matchup.

I look forward to seeing you guys in Richmond next season and hope that these three seasons of playing can turn into a nice rivalry/yearly series. I wish you all the best next season, and I'm sorry there had to be a "loser" of that game.

Good luck. I hope you guys can take care of the business we weren't able to take care of ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmvcu View Post
      After playing you guys down to the wire last year, and watching you guys wreck our ACC neighbors in the NIT, I grew to respect the Shockers a lot last season. I was stoked for your success this season and really looked forward to rooting for you guys throughout the tournament...

Until CBS showed that we would be playing each other.

Anyways, just wanted to say, that was one hell of a game, you guys had a special senior class and I hope that Gregg Marshall sticks around for you guys, he's building something special there. Neither team deserved to lose tonight, I'm upset that the committee had to put us together in that matchup.

I look forward to seeing you guys in Richmond next season and hope that these three seasons of playing can turn into a nice rivalry/yearly series. I wish you all the best next season, and I'm sorry there had to be a "loser" of that game.
      Best of luck to the RAMS going forward. Go out and kick some more BCS butts...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'll be able to offer my congrats after about 24 more hours of sulking. Sorry.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Congrats on the win guys, im still pissed that they put you as a 12 seed
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

From another VCU fan, good game.

You all had a hell of a squad and I'm ticked that they put 2 mids who were capable of making deep runs together in the first-round. You were done no favors as a 5 seed and we were completely disrespected with a 12 seed.

That said, you had a great squad this year with a lot to be proud of. It was easily the best game of the second round in the NCAA tournament IMO.

Comment

To our friends at VCU, your guys are the real deal...again. Not only could you continue your run far into the tourney, but your team next year could be friggin' unbelievable.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

From another VCU fan. Both of our teams could have made NCAA history rampaging through brackets together...but alas we both got totally f*cked by the committee. I look forward to the BB return game in the upcoming season and every single of you, your student body, team, etc., has my utmost respect.

Comment

You VCU posters in here are class acts, and your program is great. Give em' hell the rest of the Dance. I'll be rooting for you guys, and it won't be hard, I can still wear my school colors.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Good luck the rest of the way, VCU. Now, go bust some bcs brackets, for us. I wanna see a championship banner hangin' in your crib, when we meet next year, in Richmond.

Comment

Originally posted by DistrictBaller View Post
                      From another VCU fan, good game.

You all had a hell of a squad and I'm ticked that they put 2 mids who were capable of making deep runs together in the first-round. You were done no favors as a 5 seed and we were completely disrespected with a 12 seed.

That said, you had a great squad this year with a lot to be proud of. It was easily the best game of the second round in the NCAA tournament IMO.
                      This. You guys have a great ball club and some truly wonderful fans. Not sure I've ever been more sorry for an opponent of the Rams to have to lose.

Comment

We end the season on two losses! I still feel sick to my stomach. We lose two in a row to VCU. We lost two in a row to GMU. What's next? Drexel? ODU? What is it with the CAA? Oh well. Guess there's always next season.

Good game VCU. Now go beat the **** out of IU and UK.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

To the VCU fans here...you guys are a class act! Thanks for your kind words and good luck with the rest of the tourney! I'm rooting for the Black and Yellow! Smarts a great coach and you have a strong group of kids. Do the mid-majors proud! See you next year!

Comment

I am a very sore loser. My stomach still hurts. I'm angry. I can't get it the game out of my mind. My words immediately after the horn sounded were a very discusted "it's baseball season"!

That being said, now that it is late afternoon the day after, I am beginning to breathe again. I bow to VCU for having a great game plan, and better yet, executing it. I believe the Shox had a good game plan too, but did not executive it as well as they would have liked. Give VCU credit for making the Shox rush things. I do think the pressure caused some shots to be just a little too hurried as well as keeping the Shox from making some of the better passes they normally do. On the other hand, the Shox also simply missed some shots they would never miss. Several of the Shox' players were simply snakebit.

When I walked away from the game last night, I figured I would not see any more basketball until Shocker Madness in October.

Now, I'm slowly getting ready to get into it. Not quite mind you, but getting closer.

One thing I know for sure. I would love to see VCU keep winning. 5 more wins would be great. They have a class team, a class coaching staff and certainly a very class fan base. Go Rams!!!

And, I am now focusing on the future of the Shox. I'm looking forward to seeing Malcolm Armstead, Ron Baker, Fred VanVleet, Cleanthony Early, Derail Green, Teddy Hawkins and Henry Uwadiae and anyone else coming in to join the likes of DW, TC, JW, EO, EW and JA. Demetric came so far this year. He will be even better next year. Tekele will be a very strong contributor. Jake made so much progress this year and I already loved what he offered after watching him twice last year. Ehimen made great strides this year and I believe he will make his biggest jump ever next year. Evan is my kind of blue collar player. He will bring so much to the program during his career. James is such an outstanding athlete. Malcolm will give a solid, experienced PG who excels in steals while Fred is learning the ropes as a Division 1 PG. Fred will, in my opinion, end his career as the greatest PG to ever grace the floor at the Round House. Ron will give us a tremendous 2/3 who can shoot and who will be another blue collar player. Cleanthony can provide real firepower inside while and Derail can do the same outside. Teddy looks like one who will help a great deal both inside and outside. Henry will be the next project, but I think in a couple years, he might be ready to bring a lot to the table. Joe Mitchell is far more advanced than your normal walk-on and could add some help. Randall is always a joy to watch with his effort and willingness to do whatever it takes.

We know the staff is still recruiting heavily even for next year. This can only mean that they are preparing for eventual openings. Possibly just to be safe and possibly because they have reason to believe the openings are coming. It happens with nearly every team in the country on a regular basis, so why would we not expect it here. Whether a Wiggins, Patton or someone else, I fully expect the staff to have a tremendous group of young men gathered next year. The team might take a small step backward while the young players develop, but I don't believe it will be a large step.

For now, go Rams! For next year, Go Shox!

Comment

DAMN
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                              X