X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Ellis

Does anyone else see flashes of awesomeness from Ellis like I do? They come quickly and not very often due to his small role, but I can tell he has some excellent skills and that he's going to be a pretty good player sooner than later.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Gamecocks' loss is our gain

Comment

Re: Aaron Ellis

Originally posted by BA2929
      Does anyone else see flashes of awesomeness from Ellis like I do? They come quickly and not very often due to his small role, but I can tell he has some excellent skills and that he's going to be a pretty good player sooner than later.
      i agree with you, and i think once gregg gets his own players in here, he will have a better chance at succeeding
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think that we are going to be in a great position in 2 years with Durley and Ellis in our frontcourt.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

He's definitely long and athletic, and I expect (hope) that more playing time will bring out the AE we are all hoping for...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Aaron could end up being a great player (like X?) but he needs to work really hard to get there.
            Some posts are not visible to me.
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
              I think that we are going to be in a great position in 2 years with Durley and Ellis in our frontcourt.
              i agree with you that we will be in good position in the front court, but Ellis is more of 3, than a post player, but we will still have Stutz and Ehimen hopefully in the front court.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Aaron could end up being a great player (like X?) but he needs to work really hard to get there.

Yea, he's going to have to gain some muscle, he's a stick!
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  i agree with you that we will be in good position in the front court, but Ellis is more of 3, than a post player, but we will still have Stutz and Ehimen hopefully in the front court.
                  Talk about a leap in height, having a 6-7/6-8 '3' man!! I don't really know how well he shoots, though.

Hopefully this season isn't a good barometer of that.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    Talk about a leap in height, having a 6-7/6-8 '3' man!! I don't really know how well he shoots, though.

Hopefully this season isn't a good barometer of that.

I'm expecting him to be more of a slasher than a straight shooter. Similar to Jamar Howard or Keith Langford of KU.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I haven't seen the outside shot that others have, but he certainly played well in spurts tonight. Durley mighta become a star under MT, but I cannot fathom him coming back under this regime.

Comment

Eliis strikes me as a raw project. In that perspective he looks like a player who could show a lot of development.

Ellis appears quick enough to hold his own against some shorter wing players, so hecould be a huge mismatch on offense and not a liability on defense.

WSU could have a legitimate front court lineup that goes 7', 7', 6'8" in a couple of years. If that's the plan then next year's 10-deep roster looks like Mekel, Murry, Hannah, Hatch at G. Hawins, Ellis at wing. Clemente, Stutz, Orupke at 4/5 and Gris rotating at 3/4.

Make what you want of that rotation or the fact there are some current pl;ayers missing from the rotation.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The early line on him was that he has a great jumper. That can't really be evaluated right now because the entire team is suffering from the shooting yips, but I've heard him as more of a shooting 3 than a slashing 3.

Regardless, the guy has great size for the position and is going to be a beast by his junior year.

Just get that man a sammich! Send him to Spangles! EVERY day is a Wild Cherry Mudslide day for him!

:clap: :clap:

Comment

I saw him sky for a rebound and then immediately spring for a nice hooked putback. I asked myself where has that move been hiding?

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              I saw him sky for a rebound and then immediately spring for a nice hooked putback. I asked myself where has that move been hiding?

T

...8)

I guess it's been hiding on the bench, where he's been stashed for a majority of the year.
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X