• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimism

Number of 20 win seasons in the 5 seasons under GM

25 win seasons

Number of 20 win seasons in the previous 20 seasons before that

25 win seasons

HCGM will be here for another 5 years at least and there is not reason he will not go down in WSU history as the best and winningest and greatest and most amazing coach. As much as some of you like to chalk up not winning the MVC tourny as failure the fact is HCGM has brought this program to its highest point in 20 years easily.

I look forward to many more years with HCGM here and I see no reason to not win 25 games a season consistently from this point forward. And for those of you who say its all about the NCAA tourny, bull, Winning 25 games a season or more for 3 seasons in a row is an accomplishment, it will be more of one when he does it 7-8 seasons in a row. Thats the guy I want to be my head coach

Agreed. This was coach's first true recruiting class with the seniors (except the jc guys). I like what the future looks like. Gotta go recruiting tomorrow.

Comment

This sucks. It really hurts. And I'm sure to the players, this hurts 100000 x more.

But man Cotton looked amazing tonight, wish he had got more time out there. He was strong enough to draw contact and convert, he rebounded, he took the ball up the court like a veteran. If he's any indication, the future is bright.

Comment

I feel bad for Toure, Garrett and David especially. For all they've given to this program for 4 years, they deserved to enjoy winning an NCAA tournament game.

This will sting for awhile, but we've had a great year.

Something tells me Gregg Marshall has unfinished business in Wichita.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Even though I'm sad WSU lost. I have to agree with all of the above posters. This incoming recruiting class looks exactly like what we need, maybe another big. Cotton has shown his stuff and I am VERY excited to see him with another year under his belt. We'll back off a little next year, but with Marshall at the helm, I can see another 20 win season.
          Last edited by ShockBand; March 15, 2012, 09:37 PM.
          “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

3 25 win seasons in a row for Marshal, something no other WSU has ever accomplished (I believe). A nice start to his career here.

Comment

I know I'm about to stir up a hornet's nest, but if Gregg Marshall ain't stayin' then we ain't keepin' this recruiting class.
              Last edited by KC Shox; March 15, 2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                I know I'm about to stir up a hornet's nest, but if Gregg Marshall ain't sayin' then we ain't keepin' this recruiting class.
                He won't leave, No reason to. I don't see him taking ANY job that someone gets fired from this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  I know I'm about to stir up a hornet's nest, but if Gregg Marshall ain't sayin' then we ain't keepin' this recruiting class.
                  Why did you have to p!55 on this thread?
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Gregg is staying. Put money on it.

Comment

I'm as disappointed and heartbroken as anyone, but years ago I realized that the NCAA tournament is so unpredictable that I will never downplay any team's season based on an early exit. That's as ridiculous as judging our season on the Alabama or Temple losses. My goal for the Shockers are to get to the tournament. I would love a deep run but the wins are a tasty dessert after an amazing meal.

If Marshall can just get us there 2-3 years out of 4, we'll get some tasty wins. Just get there and see what happens.

Comment

Everyone, this season was a TASTE of things to come. I do not believe for one second that this is the finished product of the Gregg Marshall/WSU era. These kids worked their a$$es off and continued to improve from day to day, year to year. I'm fully confident that the program will continue to rise. Yeah, we as fans are impatient as hell, we want it all now. We should be happy with the steady progress and the things that are on the horizon.

Comment

It hurts because I like these guys -- a lot. When things were dark, they came along and brightened everything up. That's what makes it hurt more than anything else.

But through that pain is optimism. I like what HCGM and he and his coaching style has continued to grow over the years and the players he brings in are less "raw" out the gate these days. I have no idea if next year will be a step forward or a step back, but I'm at least optimistic because why not? Wallowing in the pain won't help anything.

Comment

A Rosewood sighting makes the pain a little less.

Comment

I still believe. Always will.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X