Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official WSU vs VCU Game Thread - NCAA Tournament Second Round

I just have to laugh inside.

Last year to start out the NIT we crush Nebraska as if they were high schoolers. What reaction do we get? Every person with an opinion out there beyond the WSU fanbase says the same freaking thing before every darn game we played from there on out: WSU is expected to lose this.

Even when we are a 5 seed up against a 12 seed we are somehow the flipping underdogs. Of all the upsets out there, we are the ones everyone is choosing to lose. We had a few media personae paying attention all season long and calling us good, but now, at the moment of truth, we are the "good team" that is going to get beat.

"Sure, you won the conference championship, but you didn't win the tournament."

"Oh and look, your coach is leaving next year."

"Oh and did you know VCU went to the Final Four last year after beating you in the bracket busters?"

"How unfortunate they drew VCU."

PISS ON THIS!! MAKE 'EM BELIEVE!! And if they won't, MAKE 'EM LOOK STUPID!!

Here's to hoping coach has another Knute Rockne moment like he had pre-NIT last year, and may VCU be the first 20 point smack down, with more to follow!

I'll take being a 5 seed "underdog" EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!

GO SHOX!!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Time is going very slow
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Does anybody know VCU's starting lineup?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Does anybody know VCU's starting lineup?
        Does it matter?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

By the time the game gets here this thread will be as soggy as a cow pattie in the Portland rain.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Does it matter?
            Only so I can kill time on the simulator with the real players. :)

Comment

Go SHOX!

Comment

Heading out to watch the game GO SHOCKS!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'll take being the "underdog" in this game.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Most of Vegas has WSU being 7 point favorites against VCU.

Comment

One tournament down, one tournament to go.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The game will be won or lost on how the guys perform. VCU will be throwing everything and the kitchen sink at us, however, it will ultimately be how well these guys react which will decide the outcome. Being from the MO Valley and only having a 2 - 3 record against the top 50 will make the national audience question us. Forget that we are WSU fans, if you were anywhere outside the Midwest, how would you look at the Shox? I'm betting the nation has rarely seen us on the tube and they make conclusions based what's on paper. I'm fine with that and understand.

I hope GM and the players soak up all this material that VCU is going to advance. I know I predicted a loss (but a win against either IU or NMSU if we get that far), but I will be hoping for the best. In fact, I won't be watching the game because I'm a jinx and will place a hex on the Shox.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          The game will be won or lost on how the guys perform. VCU will be throwing everything and the kitchen sink at us, however, it will ultimately be how well these guys react which will decide the outcome. Being from the MO Valley and only having a 2 - 3 record against the top 50 will make the national audience question us. Forget that we are WSU fans, if you were anywhere outside the Midwest, how would you look at the Shox? I'm betting the nation has rarely seen us on the tube and they make conclusions based what's on paper. I'm fine with that and understand.

I hope GM and the players soak up all this material that VCU is going to advance. I know I predicted a loss (but a win against either IU or NMSU if we get that far), but I will be hoping for the best. In fact, I won't be watching the game because I'm a jinx and will place a hex on the Shox.
                          So predictions that a VCU team that is 0-1 against the top 50 will upset us should be viewed as reasonable because a national audience will note that we are 2-3 against the top 50?
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I hereby exorcise your jinx demon for the remainder of the season, however long. You shall not be held accountable for anything bad that may occur. Feel free to watch the game.

Comment

The game will be won or lost on how the guys perform.
                              Just pokin' a little fun, but this start to the post reminded me of a John Madden commentary on the old MNF.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X