Team Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ

At the risk of stirring up our anti-judgmentalism zealots, of whom we have several, it also strikes me that Couisnard has struggled to cope with the demands and distractions of premature fatherhood ever since he headed down that path. His performance and consistency have suffered, and his development as a player has pretty much ground to a halt.

Too bad. WuDr is certainly right about the importance of PJ's hanging in there and getting his degree.

Comment

From what I have gleaned, I cannot say that has negatively affected him. Certainly it is a responsibility unlike no other and it could be a factor against him or it could be a tremendous motivating occurance as well.

I have no comment one way or the other. I stand by my earlier comments on the distractions that have affected PJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
        . . . but the silly/lazy fouls he is committing this year are so UN-Cooz like that defies logical explanation......
        From where I've been sitting, this has been a trademark of his career. Most games, he's always good for one or two stupid fouls. He has a bit of Jamar Howard in him, in that regard.

Comment

I think that PJ is realizing the difference between being the third or fourth scoring option and the go to guy. He was very well suited to be a secondary scorer, concentrating on his defense and passing (which have been very good in the past). This year, he was expected to be the man, and in a year where the other options aren't very good. It is a totally different role, even if he is playing the same position on the floor. Frankly, I think we should have known better than to think he would elevate his game to first team or POY status. I am as guilty as anyone. Although expectations were too high, he still has been disappointing, IMO.

Comment

First, nothing against PJ but he is not a leader...in that I mean you either have it in you like MB or you don't.

Second, I totally agree with the sentiment that the transition in the post-MT era has been brutal on this young man. Let's not forget that he basically flipped out by immediately declaring for the NBA immediately after MT bolted.

Comment

Working...
            X