Bob Richey Will Remain as Furman MBB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Richey Will Remain as Furman MBB Coach

An update for those of you wanting to replace HCIB; apparently Furman's support for Bob Richey (personal commitment to him plus recent contract extension) played a major role in Richey withdrawing from consideration for the open SC MBB Head Coach position. Friends inform that Bob wanted the job but Furman is committed to retaining Richey.
    Furman has won at least 20 games in four of Richey's five seasons as the Paladins head coach

Wrong forum

Comment

“Oh good God!”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

What a buffon
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Most anytime someone willingly “withdraws their name from consideration “ it means they weren’t a serious candidate and weren’t going to get the job.
          Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; March 23, 2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

In related news, I recently withdrew my name from consideration for the open position of Kaley Cuoco's spouse.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              An update for those of you wanting to replace HCIB; apparently Furman's support for Bob Richey (personal commitment to him plus recent contract extension) played a major role in Richey withdrawing from consideration for the open SC MBB Head Coach position. Friends inform that Bob wanted the job but Furman is committed to retaining Richey.
              AKA.....No one wanted him
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                In related news, I recently withdrew my name from consideration for the open position of Kaley Cuoco's spouse.
                Good. Better odds for the rest of us.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Most anytime someone willingly “withdraws their name from consideration “ it means they weren’t a serious candidate and weren’t going to get the job.
                  Up early to catch a flight home but wanted to ask this august group of openminded basketball fans if this statement reflects what happened with Marshall seeking the Alabama MBB HC position?

FYI I have not missed the mindless prejudice and banter of exchanging posts - thought I would.

Good luck to the Shockers next season!

Comment

Up early to catch a flight home but wanted to ask this august group of openminded basketball fans if this statement reflects what happened with Marshall seeking the Alabama MBB HC position?

FYI I have not missed the mindless prejudice and banter of exchanging posts - thought I would.

When there is a 3.5 Million dollar a year bag dropped for one of them (Top 10 Salary at that time) ... I don't think they are the same scenario. Also don't see South Carolina AD putting out a statement saying they are disappointed with Richey's decision but they respect it like the Alabama AD did. The Marshall / Alabama situation is much more the exception than the rule in these cases. The Richey thing smells like the normal "Sorry, we aren't interested anymore, thanks for interviewing"

Comment

You too? Damn .. poor thing must be running out of options!

Comment

Comment

I heard he’s getting advice from 3G on how to get stay at your school and get a raise. They became tight when they were crossing paths during the 3G to Alabama, BR to WSU fiasco,

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. Stickboy answered your question now move along.

Comment

Working...
                              X