Fab Melo out for Cuse per ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fab Melo out for Cuse per ESPN

Biggest reason I wanted WSU in their bracket....You can count on "The Cuse" to implode a majority of the time. I guess K-State has a chance to reap the benefits.

Let's see, recent news came out of 10 Syracuse players having tested positive for illegal drugs since 2001 and not one thing was done (I'm sure KU fans wonder might have been if SU's championship squad had one or more of these players). The Bernie Fine incident along with the allegations of his wife giving sexual favors to players certainly is doing them a favor and now we learn one of their star players is ineligible and also missed three games already this season for academic issues. Not to mention, I hate that Syracuse never leaves the confides of the Orange Dome during the non-con schedule, I'm really glad Karma is rearing its ugly head and will continue to do so to that corrupt program.

Comment

ACC says welcome aboard, although we didn't know you were going to bring so much baggage. Hope one of those suitcases is loaded with northeast greenbacks.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Undisclosed eligibility issue.

Comment

Just changed up my bracket. Thanks.

Comment

Just another reason why it might be time that Boeheim's days are nearing an end at the cuse.

Also, somehow I doubt that they JUST NOW found out that Melo's eligibility would be in question for the tournament. Nice of them to keep it hush hush until after selection sunday and they reap the benefits of a 1 seed. I wonder if them disclosing this prior to Sunday would have changed their seed up any? Anyone know if they would have bumped them to a 2 seed if they knew one of their starters was ineligible? Or would they still give them a 1 seed based on their season's performance. That's a tricky question.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

K-State punches their ticket to the elite eight... good for them.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Also, somehow I doubt that they JUST NOW found out that Melo's eligibility would be in question for the tournament. Nice of them to keep it hush hush until after selection sunday and they reap the benefits of a 1 seed. I wonder if them disclosing this prior to Sunday would have changed their seed up any? Anyone know if they would have bumped them to a 2 seed if they knew one of their starters was ineligible? Or would they still give them a 1 seed based on their season's performance. That's a tricky question.
                Wondered about that as well.

What did they know and when did they know it? Or when should they have known it?
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Digger Phelps said that if Syracuse loses to K-State in Pittsburgh that nobody is going to be there (in Boston) rooting for the 'Cuse in the Sweet 16.

Wow, that is simply brilliant analysis. How did he ever figure that out.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    Just changed up my bracket. Thanks.
                    Was just about to say, I changed up mine too....guessing there is going to be a few brackets busted if they didnt get their bracket's changed in time.

Comment

Have the 5 seed winning that regional, but I may have to take another look anyway....
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Just another reason why it might be time that Boeheim's days are nearing an end at the cuse.

Hmmm.....I wonder if anyone suggested that the Syracuse job might be open at the end of the season?

Comment

Working...
                        X