Who would you hire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Heiar just took a team that won 6 games last year that was a 10 seed at the NJCAA tourney to the tournament title.
    How did it work out for us the last time we hired a juco coach?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

There were quite a few that stated they were interested in the job prior to IB getting it. They were apparently all ignored.
        Actually, I don't remember such a list. All I remember was the full court "lobbying" to give IB the job.

Comment

Adrian Griffin was publicly vocal.

I’d have rather taken the risk on an unproven NBA guy from Wichita with no HC experience than a life-long assistant with no HC experience.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Adrian Griffin was publicly vocal.

I’d have rather taken the risk on an unproven NBA guy from Wichita with no HC experience than a life-long assistant with no HC experience.
            I think he had a 5-star son that may have decommited from Duke and help us beat Houston and Memphis. That would've been nice.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I think he had a 5-star son that may have decommited from Duke and help us beat Houston and Memphis. That would've been nice.
              Why would WSU want 5* players when they can get DII transfers?!?!
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                How did it work out for us the last time we hired a juco coach?
                Since you did not specify Head Coach, then the last Juco coach I remember WSU hiring was Steve Forbes. From where? NW Florida State. By whom? Gregg Marshall.

Steve got caught up in Bruce Pearl's corruption at Tennessee before Marshall plucked him from NWFS a couple years later. In 2 years at NWFS Forbes went 62-6.

Kind of has a familiar ring to it when comparing that to the current juco coach being discussed.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

GH is a different level than Randy Smithson. GH has a lot of high level D1 experience under his belt already and was ready for a head coaching job when he left WSU.

Comment

It would not surprise me too much if New Mexico State took a look at Greg Heiar as CJ's replacement. They could do a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, I don't remember such a list. All I remember was the full court "lobbying" to give IB the job.
                      Adrian Griffin and Danny Manning both were vocal that they wanted to be considered. I knew I didn’t want Danny Manning at the time, but he got a couple of good wins with Maryland after he took over for Turg.

Comment

1000% no on Mando. He can pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          It would not surprise me too much if New Mexico State took a look at Greg Heiar as CJ's replacement. They could do a lot worse.
                          you don't think he'll go sit beside Jans?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you don't think he'll go sit beside Jans?
                            Sure, that is possible, but if he gets a shot a running his own program I think he would take that. After after all Chris Jans left Marshalls side twice to take head coaching gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

Adrian Griffin and Danny Manning both were vocal that they wanted to be considered. I knew I didn’t want Danny Manning at the time, but he got a couple of good wins with Maryland after he took over for Turg.
                              The story wasn't that Manning was interested, but the DB reached out to Danny Manning to see if he was interested.

Chris Lilly, of KAKE TV in Wichita, tweeted on Wednesday morning that sources had told him that WSU had reached out to Manning about the job.
                              This should have been a warning sign ...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The story wasn't that Manning was interested, but the DB reached out to Danny Manning to see if he was interested.

This should have been a warning sign ...
                                I could have sworn I heard (my first mistake) that he had made a comment on (NBA?) TV that he was interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X