play angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• play angry

saw it last night... in hutch. congrats to gh and northwest florida state on the w. thursday vs dodge city should be fun.

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
    saw it last night... in hutch. congrats to gh and northwest florida state on the w. thursday vs dodge city should be fun.
    Is this broadcast anywhere?

Comment

Abdullah, what were your thoughts about Northwest Florida players that played well and Issa Muhammad?

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Is this broadcast anywhere?

Yes. Go to NJCAA.org/network and follow the instructions. Click on DI Men's Basketball on that game (you won't see it as an option until Thursday) and you can pick a streaming plan.
        One day pass is $10 and the whole tournament is $30. Chances are, at this point, the $10 plan is best bet, but if they go all the way, it will be games Thursday, Friday and finals Saturday.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Watched former Shocker assistant Coach Greg Heiar's team play yesterday afternoon. He has a superb, well coached "team". They played the number 2 seed Dodge City. For the most part, NW Florida was in control of the game and pulled away comfortably for a 92-74 win. Shocker coaches in attendance were HC Isaac Brown, AC Gudino & AC Kennedy. He has a number of great players, so I'll just put the link for the box score.

NJCAA

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
            Watched former Shocker assistant Coach Greg Heiar's team play yesterday afternoon. He has a superb, well coached "team". They played the number 2 seed Dodge City. For the most part, NW Florida was in control of the game and pulled away comfortably for a 92-74 win. Shocker coaches in attendance were HC Isaac Brown, AC Gudino & AC Kennedy. He has a number of great players, so I'll just put the link for the box score.

NJCAA
            Yep. He has a loaded team that plays well as a team. Rigsby is an Oregon commit, Tre Clark has a bunch of nice offers, Muhammad has several nice offers and a ton of interest (including WSU), Washington has a bunch of high major offers.

Comment

I did like Deshawndre Washington's overall game, and he has a great set of hands. Incredible shooting team (at least yesterday) as they made 56% from the 3. Kam Woods 6 of 9 from 3, 25 overall from the bench, with what looked like an old set shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post

NJCAA
                Looks like the NJCAA has a highlight video on it on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm2xzWvJMqg

Other games of theirs from the tourney - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V2Qiqo9KP0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHprQjJe6o
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Northwest Florida State second straight 10th seed to win NJCAA Div. I national championship

Former Wichita State men's basketball assistant coach led Northwest Florida state to its first national title since 2015 in his first year as head coach.

"Heiar, a former Wichita State men's basketball assistant, led a Raiders team made up of a majority of freshmen, to its first national title since 2015 and worked wonders in coaching the Panhandle conference champions to a 31-5 record. A year ago, the Raiders were 6-15."

"Heiar knows how to win, and he translated that to his young roster this season. Having been on the Final Four Wichita State Shockers men's basketball team in the 2013 NCAA tournament run plus being alongside coaches like Larry Eustachy at Southern Miss, Gregg Marshall at Wichita State – both national coaches of the year – and even New Mexico State's Chris Jans whose team just exited the NCAA tournament in the Round of 32, Heiar knows the recipe to win."

""I've been around a lot of winners," Heiar said. "I've learned a lot from those guys, and they've got their fingerprints all over this program. They all deserve credit because they helped mold me as a coach... Everyone that I've worked for at Division I has a part of this national championship.""

Northwest Florida State defeats Salt Lake in NJCAA Div. I national title (hutchnews.com)
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Stud!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A couple of his players would be nice.

Comment

Watched the championship game Saturday. It wasn't as close as the final score appears. NWFSU dominated on both ends of the floor in the first half for a 41-15 halftime score. Salt Lake fought hard and made a push in the 2nd half, but it was never in doubt.

Greg H. showed a lot of class thanking his mentors and giving credit to his team.

Comment

Heiar to New Mexico State as a learning step until we can get out from under IB's contract. Please let it happen

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Northwest Florida State second straight 10th seed to win NJCAA Div. I national championship

Former Wichita State men's basketball assistant coach led Northwest Florida state to its first national title since 2015 in his first year as head coach.

"Heiar, a former Wichita State men's basketball assistant, led a Raiders team made up of a majority of freshmen, to its first national title since 2015 and worked wonders in coaching the Panhandle conference champions to a 31-5 record. A year ago, the Raiders were 6-15."

"Heiar knows how to win, and he translated that to his young roster this season. Having been on the Final Four Wichita State Shockers men's basketball team in the 2013 NCAA tournament run plus being alongside coaches like Larry Eustachy at Southern Miss, Gregg Marshall at Wichita State – both national coaches of the year – and even New Mexico State's Chris Jans whose team just exited the NCAA tournament in the Round of 32, Heiar knows the recipe to win."

""I've been around a lot of winners," Heiar said. "I've learned a lot from those guys, and they've got their fingerprints all over this program. They all deserve credit because they helped mold me as a coach... Everyone that I've worked for at Division I has a part of this national championship.""

Northwest Florida State defeats Salt Lake in NJCAA Div. I national title (hutchnews.com)
                            Need a Tulsa/Nolan move. Bring the whole team in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                            X