Portland Roll Call and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Roll Call and Tips

It was a must for me to follow the Shox wherever they went but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. My family isn't able to go so I'm going alone. I do have a plane ticket but that's about it. I wasn't able to catch the charter so I'm flying in Wednesday night. Any ideas on where to stay, places to eat, things to do etc?
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

What sections are WSU sections?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Good luck on places to stay. I know a couple who will be on the team charter and they had to pull some big strings in the hotel industry just to find a room. I would not wait and assume you can just go to a hotel and check in. Good luck.
      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
          What sections are WSU sections?
          The ticket office told me this morning that we will not know that until we get there. :/
          “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
          John Wayne

Comment

I have been to Portland a couple of times and stayed downtown in the Four Point by Sheraton and it was fine. They do have a trolley system in downtown Portland. The hotel is right across from Waterfront Park on the Willamette (rhymes with dammit) River. I believe the arena is a mile so down the road and across the river. There are two brigdes that cross the river near the arena.

Portland has a very vibrant downtown with a good number of people living downtown. Lot's of shopping and restaurants. Portland is also known for their large number of public parks and I think is known as the City of Roses. Thus the name of the arena -- The Rose Garden.

If you have the time and the transportation and have never been to the Pacific NW a drive through the Columbia River Gorge is worthwhile. You can also get over to the Pacific ocean in about 1.5 to 2 hours. Lot's of quaint little towns along the coast.

Hope you have a great trip.

Comment

The Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, OR is pretty cool. Went to the beach on a cold early June day at Seaside which is just south a bit from Astoria.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                The Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, OR is pretty cool. Went to the beach on a cold early June day at Seaside which is just south a bit from Astoria.
                Pretty cool End of the Trail (Lewis & Clark Expedition) monument at Seaside. Brings back bittersweet memories.

The Oregon Coast Aquarium down at Newport is nice too, but that is more of a day trip. Quite a bit south of Seaside. We drove down to Newport than drove along the coast up Seaside before returning to Portland. Ate at a real nice little seafood restaurant overlooking the ocean but I don't remember where exactly that was. Just kind of picked one with a great view as we were driving north.

Comment

We got a nice place near the airport (only 6 or so miles from the areana) Hilton Garden Inn with full breakfast - very reasonable.

Comment

The lightrail system is pretty easy and inexpensive. If you are staying at the airport or downtown, it will take you directly to the arena. With the lightrail, you can do the whole trip without a rental car. Plenty of places to eat downtown too.

Comment

Anyone know the exact details of that charter flight? When is it leaving on thursday?
                      " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

Comment

Booked a room at the Radisson near the airport for $70 a night and it has great reviews. It has a shuttle to the lightrail so I can get to the arena. Thanks
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Anybody got 411 on the pep rally?
                          “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                          John Wayne

Comment

Portland has EXCELLENT places to eat. Among my favorites: Bunk Sandwiches, Flying Pie Pizza, Pine State Biscuits, Esparza's and not to be missed - Pok Pok. They have a very vibrant food cart community that has some really good carts - I seem to remember one called Flying Scot or something like that - great fish and chips. I usually go to Portland once a year and I always have a good time. It's a huge small town with lots of unique sections. Enjoy!!

Comment

wish i had the money to go, besides im saving my money to go to Atlanta
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X