WSU VERSUS VCU REMATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS VCU REMATCH

Here's the deal. Paybacks can be very painful. It appears they return 4 starters from last year. Larry Sanders is long gone. However, Joey Rodriguez does return and who could forget him? He misses a throw which is rare. We come down and Rags (I think) scores and we have a lead. Next comes the foul with less than 1 tick on the clock at our house. You have to be kiddin, right? Nope. Joey makes both throws and later they Dance and beat KU. Now we get a chance to win and win WE WILL DO.

WSU--77,

VCU--74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Will be a rough game. Look for a score in the 60s. I'll stick with a 3 point margin of victory for the Shox...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm going to predict:

WSU: 75
      VCU: 60

If we shoot anywhere near what we did late in the regular season, we'll win this one running away.

Comment

We'll roll into this one clicking on all cylinders.

WSU 73,
        VCU 60

Remember the rule of scoring 65 this season...

Comment

They press, press, press. We better take care of the ball and run on misses.

Comment

VCU cant shoot like we can...SHOCKERS Roll double digit win

Comment

uhhh....I'm pretty sure Rodriguez is not still playing, FSF.

Comment

As we speak, they are watching film of the Illinois State game. Don't worry, we will come out spitting nails and we refuse to make them famous again. This is indeed a winnable game but they are good, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                  uhhh....I'm pretty sure Rodriguez is not still playing, FSF.
                  Oh---I sure hope you are correct on that one. He was a very good and tough player.

Comment

VCU lost 4 seniors from last year's team:

Jamie Skeen 6,9" 240lb F
                    Brandon Rozzell 6'2" 185lb G
                    Joey Rogriquez 5'10" 175lb G
                    Ed Nixon 6'4" 210lb G

representing 4 of their top 5 scorers.

They only have 1 senior on this year's team, Bradford Burgess 6'6' 225lb G/F. He was their 2nd leading scorer and rebounder last year at 14.3 PPG and 6.3 RPG and leads the team this year in scoring at 13.3 PPG and is second in rebounding at 4.9 RPG.

Here is VCU's 2011-12 stats: http://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/m...12MBBCumes.pdf

Comment

WSU 1,000,000
                      VCU 0,000,002
                      :eagerness:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        VCU lost 4 seniors from last year's team:

Jamie Skeen 6,9" 240lb F
                        Brandon Rozzell 6'2" 185lb G
                        Joey Rogriquez 5'10" 175lb G
                        Ed Nixon 6'4" 210lb G

representing 4 of their top 5 scorers.

They only have 1 senior on this year's team, Bradford Burgess 6'6' 225lb G/F. He was their 2nd leading scorer and rebounder last year at 14.3 PPG and 6.3 RPG and leads the team this year in scoring at 13.3 PPG and is second in rebounding at 4.9 RPG.

Here is VCU's 2011-12 stats: http://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/m...12MBBCumes.pdf
                        Thanks 1972. I grabbed my old Athlon Sports Mag. and things really changed with them since then. These are exciting times in our fine city. It seems like 2006 again. Great times!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Here's the deal. Paybacks can be very painful. It appears they return 4 starters from last year. Larry Sanders is long gone. However, Joey Rodriguez does return and who could forget him? He misses a throw which is rare. We come down and Rags (I think) scores and we have a lead. Next comes the foul with less than 1 tick on the clock at our house. You have to be kiddin, right? Nope. Joey makes both throws and later they Dance and beat KU. Now we get a chance to win and win WE WILL DO.

WSU--77,

VCU--74
                          Thankfully Rodriguez is gone. It still sticks in my gut that Marshall defended The last 4.6 seconds poorly. Most of the game we put some kind of full court pressure, which delayed Rodriguez advancing into forecourt. For whatever reason Marshall didn't pressure in the backcourt at all which allowed Rodriguez to get to the rim...and thus the Rags foul.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what our shooting percentage for the year is compared to theirs? I dont think we will blow them out/win by double digits predict we win by 7 to 9 pts. Apparently their greatest penchant is forcing turnovers? Have to be careful of that

Comment

Just for a little firing up:

VCU basketball wins at Wichita st. for the 2011 ESPN Bracketbuster

Comment

Working...
                              X