Fire Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Lol....so WOKE for cancelling a virtual commencement speech from Trump's daughter in the middle of that specific week? THAT classifies as woke now? I'd say grow up, but clearly you're already far too old. And I thought we were supposed to be the snowflakes...
    lol not sure what you think woke means but that absolutely was textbook wokeness.

Now sit down, and think for a second if the roles were reversed and how you would react.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol not sure what you think woke means but that absolutely was textbook wokeness.

Now sit down, and think for a second if the roles were reversed and how you would react.
      Also, if we were to not platform the other side, at least 80% of WSU faculty and staff would be let go.

You know, that's not a terrible idea.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Lol....so WOKE for cancelling a virtual commencement speech from Trump's daughter in the middle of that specific week? THAT classifies as woke now? I'd say grow up, but clearly you're already far too old. And I thought we were supposed to be the snowflakes...
        Where did I mention WOKE in my post? Or are you just creating a straw man in a weak attempt to make a point?

Comment

Yes, Woke, what are you not getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post

Golden was fired for being stupid WOKE........and no booster that matters backed him after that. Which is also the irony......Muma then gets hired.......entrenching yet more WOKEness.

Let's just get it overwith and change the name of the university to better fit the acronym "WSU" WOKE State University.

Still disgusted.
            What action did Muma take to make you say this?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What action did Muma take to make you say this?
              Kung Wu to be fair, I'm not pointing to anything specific. I remember a few on here saying all they saw from Muma's twitter feeds were comments revolving around D&I. So my comment on entrenching more wokeness revolves around that. Objectively speaking, that probably isn't a fair analysis.

On a bigger note,........what got us to where we were up to two years ago (The SHOX glory years) could be summed up in this phrase...."A very clear vision articulated with passion." Schaus started with it. MTXE has reinvigorated out of this fruit. He then hired someone who had it (GGG). "Play angry" came of this. Then Bardo exploded (in a good way) the entire university with it. When I now look at Muma, Boatright, Brown...........I don't see anything remotely close to "a clear vision articulated with passion." All I see is "apathy on the job."

Just my subjective take.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                Just my subjective take.
                Fair enough. I think Muma was handed several (WSU politics) grenades all at the same time, and so far only seems to have one blown up in his face (handling Boatright's extension). Other than that, I haven't seen Muma make any bad decisions or project any leftist propaganda. But I am not on Twitter at all either.

Comment

• I don't really follow WSU stuff other than sports. What grenades was he handed and what are all the good decisions he has made?
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                    I don't really follow WSU stuff other than sports. What grenades was he handed and what are all the good decisions he has made?
                    someone needs to be the face of the university and I couldn't tell you who that is. That in itself is a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

someone needs to be the face of the university and I couldn't tell you who that is. That in itself is a problem.
                      Here's the MAN!

Dr. John S. Tomblin Ph.D. (wichita.edu)

He's responsible for most of this; I believe it's closer to $200 million the last calendar year.

"With yearly funding topping $164 million, research at Wichita State University ranges from bioscience, chemistry and engineering to mathematics, physics and ancient civilization. WSU ranks fourth among all U.S. universities in aeronautical R&D expenditures and first in industry funding for aeronautical R&D."

Can't seem to get this photo posted... http://media.bizj.us/view/img/100697...1266-0-117.jpg "Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me"

Open with this song in the background.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                        I don't really follow WSU stuff other than sports. What grenades was he handed and what are all the good decisions he has made?
                        Off the cuff ...

Covid policy making
                        Covid finance pitfalls
                        Ivanka cancellation fallout
                        Tech campus planning
                        HC3GM media disaster
                        Boatright negotiations

I'm sure there are plenty more.

I can't speak to good or bad decisions.

Comment

• I defend IB none, but I try to equally avoid bagging on him. That said, I was watching the Arkansas Tennessee game today and was awestruck by something I saw: 3 coaches for TEN were on their feet, approaching the court, yelling instructions to different players at the same time. If IB wants a chance to succeed, he needs two talented assistant coaches willing to bark instructions all game with him, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                            I defend IB none, but I try to equally avoid bagging on him. That said, I was watching the Arkansas Tennessee game today and was awestruck by something I saw: 3 coaches for TEN were on their feet, approaching the court, yelling instructions to different players at the same time. If IB wants a chance to succeed, he needs two talented assistant coaches willing to bark instructions all game with him, IMO.
                            It is kinda crazy watching some of these teams who have an army of coaches. I don't think we have the assistant coach budget to ever keep up in that regard. I think Lou is the only one that seems like he's helping with game plans. Waterman is clearly a recruiter, and who knows what Kennedy is doing.

Comment

• It wasn't uncommon to have assistants up and barking instructions at different time during the Marshall Era. It's not required to be a constant thing, but it does indicate at least some engagement.

Instead we get the mentor Kennedy sitting on thr bench appearing to be daydreaming about being elsewhere.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Just an observation, is it a little out of bounds to bag on a guy that has Parkinson’s?

Comment

Working...
                                X