Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA At-Large Field Already Determined

Interesting.

The NCAA selection committee normally has made its 37 at-large selections by Saturday, but this year the committee went public.

Here's a sneak peak...

1 - Kentucky, Syracuse, North Carolina, Missouri

2 - Kansas, Ohio State, Michigan State, Duke

3 - Baylor, Marquette, Michigan, Georgetown

4 - Wisconsin, Indiana, Florida State, Louisville

5 - Wichita State, Florida, Vanderbilt, Temple

6 - UNLV, New Mexico, Notre Dame, San Diego State

7 - Cincinnati, Murray State, Creighton, Memphis

8 - St. Mary's, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Kansas State

9 - Purdue, Connecticut, St. Louis, Alabama

10 - Virginia, West Virginia, Southern Mississippi, California

11 - Harvard, BYU, Colorado State, Xavier

12 - Texas, Virginia Commonwealth, South Florida (Play-In), North Carolina State (Play-In), Seton Hall (Play-In), Drexel (Play-In)

13 - Long Beach State, Colorado, Belmont, New Mexico State

14 - South Dakota State, Davidson, Akron, Montana

15 - Lehigh, Loyola-MD, Detroit, UNC Asheville

16 - Lamar, Long Island, Vermont (Play-In), Norfolk State (Play-In), Mississippi Valley State (Play-In), Western Kentucky (Play-In)

Last 6 In:
    Xavier
    Texas
    South Florida
    North Carolina State
    Seton Hall
    Drexel

First 6 Out:
    Mississippi State
    Washington
    Miami-FL
    Arizona
    Tennessee
    Northwestern

OK, so that isn't the committee's official list, but it's my best projection as of right now.

Comment

Six from the cheating twelve is a joke texas sucks and baylor didn't beat any one until the cheating 12 tournament and those were fixed to get them in.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I'm hoping that Wichita State plays a pro team. You know the one with players that get paid. To beat them with a team that doesn't get the extras is funny. I still laugh at seton hall and tennessee. Bring on the cheaters from the bcs
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

^^ you sound mad

Comment

Playing Drexel or VCU in the first round would not serve our team justice. Those two schools are 8 or 9 seed type schools that will be underseeded. Please give us a BCS wannabe.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would love to see a matchup against South Florida in the first round. I watched the USF vs Notre Dame game the other night and USF is terrible.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                Six from the cheating twelve is a joke texas sucks and baylor didn't beat any one until the cheating 12 tournament and those were fixed to get them in.
                Baylor is the #11 team in the country. They were a lock regardless of their performance in the Big 12 tournament.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                  ??

Baylor is 9-7 vs Top 50 teams, 12-7 versus Top 100, 14-0 versus all others
                  SOS ranked 9th

Wins over SD St, St. Marys, BYU out of conference

Comment

NC State or Texas all the way. Bring it on.

Comment

Whomever the Shocks play I just want us to win. I don't care about the rest. And Baylor deserved to be in BEFORE the Big 12 Tournament. Some of you guys are really something else when it comes to BCS schools. Give it a rest.

Comment

I would expect them to have this fairly early. They can float some teams depending on the tournaments being played, but other teams are locked in regardless of what happens. The only teams moving are the teams on the bubble. Seeding might be somewhat fluid at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Playing Drexel or VCU in the first round would not serve our team justice. Those two schools are 8 or 9 seed type schools that will be underseeded. Please give us a BCS wannabe.
                          Drexel is not that good. They only beat Bradley by 5 points at home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Drexel is not that good. They only beat Bradley by 5 points at home.
                            One game comparisons? Really?? Yah, they only went on a 19-game winning streak. No big deal. Only a bad team would end up winning 19 in a row.

Florida lost by 14 to Georgia a few weeks ago. They beat a 2-14 South Carolina team on their home floor by only 8. Does that mean they're not that good either? Please.

I don't wanna face any quality mid-major who knows how to win, has won lots of games, and has a chip on its shoulder with something to prove, i.e. Drexel, i.e. VCU, i.e. Long Beach State.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              One game comparisons? Really?? Yah, they only went on a 19-game winning streak. No big deal. Only a bad team would end up winning 19 in a row.
                              I'm not saying that Drexel couldn't cause problems for some teams, but they did have a SOS that was worse that all the teams in the MVC. So I guess a 19-game win streak shouldn't be unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                              X