NCAA travel info for Portland or possibly Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA travel info for Portland or possibly Nashville

For any fans who are wanting to make the trip to Portland or Nashville, the alumni association is trying to organize a charter flight. Would need to fill 125 seats to make it happen. Would need to know by Monday morning. If anyone is interested, please respond and or contact Debbie Kennedy at alumni office ASAP after bracket announcement. They will have a table at the watch party Sunday so stop by if you want in. Other cities possible but unlikely.
    GO SHOX!

Any idea on how much it would cost?
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Probably going to run around 800-900 per person. It's a lot, but cheaper than commercial flights and would save 1and maybe 2 nights of hotel because it would leave early Thursday and return after game on sat. So if you are going, the charter will be the cheaper option.

Comment

ouch
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'm definitely interested especially if it ends up being Portland.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            I'm definitely interested especially if it ends up being Portland.
            I wont' be attending but I do like downtown Portland and the Portland area.

Comment

Originally posted by katrad72 View Post
              For any fans who are wanting to make the trip to Portland or Nashville, the alumni association is trying to organize a charter flight. Would need to fill 125 seats to make it happen. Would need to know by Monday morning. If anyone is interested, please respond and or contact Debbie Kennedy at alumni office ASAP after bracket announcement. They will have a table at the watch party Sunday so stop by if you want in. Other cities possible but unlikely.
              GO SHOX!
              They are announcing Sunday evening, but want an answer by Monday morning? Seems tricky to pull off. What number should we call on Monday morning?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

And who's the pilot? Some 22 year old kid fresh out of the military with two hours of flight time in that particular craft (the two hours it took him to bring it to Wichita)? Or is it some piloty dude named something like Nigel Nighthawk with 20,000+ hours of international flight time plus another 1,000 hours of space shuttle simulator training where upon he was passed over due to being "too eager"? I want him and @pogo: flying.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't know that I would ride along with pogo. He makes his grandson go to All-Star Sports several times a week so he can get his seat time in on the kiddie rides.

Comment

I am in all in on a chartered flight.

Comment

I was only going to go if I could drive there comfortably (Albuquerque, Omaha) but I would definitely consider a chartered flight. That makes flying bearable.

Comment

What kind of aircraft is typically used for a charter like this? We talking a cessna citation? Or something a lot bigger

Comment

I would assume something more like a Boeing 737.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                            What kind of aircraft is typically used for a charter like this? We talking a cessna citation? Or something a lot bigger
                            Alumni Assn looking for 125 fans
                            “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                            John Wayne

Comment

I understand Portland but why Nashville over other sites? Actually Nashville is only 2 hours further than ALB from ICT.

Comment

Working...
                              X