K-State Prez says it is inevitable that they'll play WSU sometime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State Prez says it is inevitable that they'll play WSU sometime

Wichita State basketball fan Carolyn McGinn is eager for a Shocker showdown with the Kansas State Wildcats. McGinn, chairwoman of the powerful Senate Ways and Means Committee, used a Capitol appear…

cool story bruh

Comment

Kind of calling his boys out:

"That would actually be a terrific thing," the president said. "Our athletic director and basketball coach would rather play Alcorn State than Wichita State. We'll see what happens."

McGinn said K-State athletic director John Currie and basketball coach Frank Martin had it wrong.

Comment

Love the comment at the bottom of the article... so typical.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I would put his comments in the "definite maybe" category.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Hard to say whether he was being sincere or simply "politcally" correct to deflect the issue and move on.

Comment

This article isn't surprising. Doesn't this subject pop up every year with some ICT representative wanting the state schools to schedule each other?

Comment

The comment left to that article bothers me. Why wouldn't it be the place of state governments to get involved in the athletics of two public colleges that receive so much government funding?

If the government is giving money to the colleges, they should have a voice in the activities of those colleges. A KSU/Wichita State game is financially beneficial to the state. If the alternative is playing a team from outside Kansas that would be far less financially rewarding to the state, especially in a home/home series where at least one of those games would be held outside of of Kansas ... why isn't that an issue the state government should be involved in? It doesn't strike me as unreasonable for public universities with strong athletic programs to be pushed by state governments to play one another for the benefit of local businesses. A KSU/WSU or KU/WSU nonconference home/home series is better for the state financially than a similar home/home series would be between a Kansas team and an out-of-state team. The games would probably be bigger due to being able to have both fanbases there, and both games would be held in Kansas rather than only one side of the series.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

No thanks. Don't want the RPI drop.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    This article isn't surprising. Doesn't this subject pop up every year with some ICT representative wanting the state schools to schedule each other?
                    yup. Waste of time. wrong people involved in discussions.

Comment

What else is the President of K-State going to say to the chair of the committee that determines how much state funding K-state gets? No we are never going to play your university.

I think the KSU President was just trying to curry favor with the committee chair to protect his budget.

It was nice reading it in the paper, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the game to happen.

Comment

I could see the IBA thing happening. There's a much better chance of WSU/KSU than a WSU/KU game. Neutral site and probably ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          I could see the IBA thing happening. There's a much better chance of WSU/KSU than a WSU/KU game. Neutral site and probably ESPN.
                          ESPN could promote the game as follows:

THE CLASH OF TWO CRAZY AZZ TITANS

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            ESPN could promote the game as follows:

THE CLASH OF TWO CRAZY AZZ TITANS

You do have to admit that they both dress well. I would give the nod to HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Love the comment at the bottom of the article... so typical.
                              Yea I thought the same thing!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X