What a season it has been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a season it has been

I remember seeing Bruce Haertl at the Sheraton St. Louis just after we lost to Indiana State in last year's conference tournament. He told me that next season, (this year) WSU was going to be a perimeter oriented team without much if any inside play. I was surprised to hear him say that given we had EO, Stutz and Ben Smith returning. He wasn't very optimistic at the time about how we would do this year given the lack of an inside threat.

I don't think that Bruce always does his homework when it comes to the Shox otherwise he would know more about the likes of Fred Van Vleet and other recruits headed this way. Yet I do think he's "King of the Hill" when it comes to Wichita Sports media.

Our program continues to improve every year with Coach Marshall. People can go ahead and pick us fourth or fifth next season and probably will. But don't at all be surprised if Marshall stays and we wind up winning the whole thing. After all, we've finished 2nd, 2nd and 1st the last three seasons. I certainly like our chances with what we have coming back.

This isn't a slam on Bruce...I only post to illustrate how wrong even the experts are at times. I look at Marshall's track record and the talent we have coming in and back and I think you would be crazy to think we won't be a contender next year given the last three seasons. What a great basketball season it's been. Wish I could attend the party Sunday. I too would be tailgating in the parking lot prior to.

expert? He routinely messes up players names in the telecast OUR players names.

Comment

Is that guy still around? Really? Shouldn't he being doing sports somewhere near Cleveland by now?

Comment

Bruce is a clown. Sorry, but I think he is. If you ever listen the show with Lutz, it's like he has one opinion, then Lutz will say something and he changes his mind almost immediately. He practically tries to finish Lutz' sentences all the time, which is very annoying. Not that Lutz is any better, but he is what he is. Bruce is a reporter, not a commentator. Bruce is more concerned with sounding like he knows what he's talking about, which he can somewhat pull off because he has facts. Facts are easy to come by when you are a reporter. However, taking facts and coming to some sort of a conclusion requires more than just gathering facts.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

You're going to name drop EO and Ben Smith? No one, but no one saw Ben Smith performing like he has. If anything, Carl Hall was the big unknown at that time. It's easy to use hindsight at this point of the season. For a guy with over 100 pages in a thread, EO has done very little. He is still extremely raw offensively and has A LOT of work to do. What Bruce said was not over the top and out of the realm of possibility of what could have happened. GS started playing this year like we all hoped he would by his sophomore season, unfortunately it took him until his senior season to really show huge gains.

However, I'm very happy this program is back in the NCAA's. GM has built up some momentum with the direction this program is headed. Yes, we will fall back next season but will be pretty young. Next season will be a slight hiccup and I look to be back in the NCAA's in 2014 and thereafter.

Comment

IMO the Valley will get 3 bids next season, and we will secure the automatic one.

Comment

Right on!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Bruce is a clown. Sorry, but I think he is. If you ever listen the show with Lutz, it's like he has one opinion, then Lutz will say something and he changes his mind almost immediately. He practically tries to finish Lutz' sentences all the time, which is very annoying. Not that Lutz is any better, but he is what he is. Bruce is a reporter, not a commentator. Bruce is more concerned with sounding like he knows what he's talking about, which he can somewhat pull off because he has facts. Facts are easy to come by when you are a reporter. However, taking facts and coming to some sort of a conclusion requires more than just gathering facts.
                No their show is a joke because it is contrived, and I guess people think that is good radio. I cant even listen and find myself turning to KC sports stations who rarely speak about Wichita sports which is sad. The B&B show is "you take one side Boob, Ill take the other and we will argue like a couple of idiots for 2 hours" amazing radio.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                  No their show is a joke because it is contrived, and I guess people think that is good radio. I cant even listen and find myself turning to KC sports stations who rarely speak about Wichita sports which is sad. The B&B show is "you take one side Boob, Ill take the other and we will argue like a couple of idiots for 2 hours" amazing radio.
                  Which is why I haven't listened to them in years. If I hear 3G or someone will be on I might listen during that segment, then turn it off immediately when he's done.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Honestly, Bruce Heartl is the reason why I mute my TV when we play on Kansas 22.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

He and Lutz care more about the Red Sox and Cardinals than they EVER will about Wichita State.

Comment

Working...
                        X