Tulsa Area Watch Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa Area Watch Party

Anyone in the Tulsa area interested in forming a watch party for Tuesdays (1/8/09) game please PM me. It would be nice for Shocker alums and fans in the area to get together for a drink and cheer on the team, and get to know one another.
    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

I'm in Tulsa, too. A few of us got together last year at Fox & Hound off of Garnett, but they gave us the smallest, darkest corner with the tiniest TV. I'm open to any suggestions. We do have a 50" plasma at my restaurant that will have the game on where all Shocker fans are welcome, but we don't serve alcohol, only frozen custard and the best burger in town (cheap advertisement.) We would love to make our place a regular for shox fans, as a couple of us are Die Hards. But I'm up for going somewhere other than work.

Comment

Former Tulsan here, what is the name of your place. We still get down there once or twice a year. Which it was for a game with TU or ORU.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
        Former Tulsan here, what is the name of your place. We still get down there once or twice a year. Which it was for a game with TU or ORU.
        I am a bit gun shy to make this public knowledge, since most on this board want to lynch me, but it's Freddy's Frozen Custard off of 71st and mingo. It's the perfect spot to go before the Shox play baseball against ORU (if that university is still intact by the time we play them.) But there are a couple of Shock grads that run the joint if you need reason to stop in.

Comment

Thanks, go one here. Kind of a guilty pleasure. Here the guy that started Freddy's is from Andale, just down the road from Wichita.

ORU- have they survived the big scandal? This would be the first time a Roberts hasn't led the school. Didn't know if they brought Oral back.

Comment

Thanks, go one here. Kind of a guilty pleasure. Here the guy that started Freddy's is from Andale, just down the road from Wichita.

ORU- have they survived the big scandal? This would be the first time a Roberts hasn't led the school. Didn't know if they brought Oral back.
            Freddy actually lives in Wichita and is a Shocker himself.

Not sure ORU will survive. All those televangelists on their Board of Regents were all crooks. This new guy has booted 4 of them off the Board already. The new guy will donate $52 million, $8 up front to cover immediate debt. He started Mardell's and Hobby Lobby. He seems like a pretty stand up guy. He might be their only hope. ORU is $52 million in the hole due to crazy, lavish spending by Richard Roberts and his crazy wife. If ORU doesn't survive, it'll never be the same. You know none of that loot will go towards athletics, which is too bad. They own TU right now in basketball. Hell, they own Oklahoma State. They owned our Shox in baseball for awhile, too.

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso

Freddy actually lives in Wichita and is a Shocker himself.
              Didn't Freddy actually play basketball at WU many moons ago? I thought I read about it in the Wichita Business Journal and also on some art work in one of the stores... it's an interesting story.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The manager of Fox and Hound is going to call me tomorrow. If they can guarantee a big screen with sound, I'd like to go there. I'll post their reply as I hear it tomorrow. Of course, if anyone else knows of a sports bar in town that would cater to us, feel free to speak up.

Comment

There's always Buffalo Wild Wings in Broken Arrow.

But wherever you go, how hard can it be to secure a TV? There's no spring football on tomorrow. :D

Comment

"Not sure ORU will survive. All those televangelists on their Board of Regents were all crooks. This new guy has booted 4 of them off the Board already. The new guy will donate $52 million, $8 up front to cover immediate debt. He started Mardell's and Hobby Lobby. He seems like a pretty stand up guy. He might be their only hope. ORU is $52 million in the hole due to crazy, lavish spending by Richard Roberts and his crazy wife. If ORU doesn't survive, it'll never be the same. You know none of that loot will go towards athletics, which is too bad. They own TU right now in basketball. Hell, they own Oklahoma State. They owned our Shox in baseball for awhile, too."

Would hate to see it go under, will never forget my first ORU game. Richard Fuqua put up 51 points, best shooter I ever saw. Maybe another 100' Jesus can save them again?

Comment

Would hate to see it go under, will never forget my first ORU game. Richard Fuqua put up 51 points, best shooter I ever saw. Maybe another 100' Jesus can save them again?
                      I thought it was a 700' Jesus? Still it would be bad to see the University go under. I've got a aunt in Tulsa who follows ORU a bit.

Comment

Tulsa Area Watch Party will be at the Fox and Hound, Burgandy Room (with the pool tables). We will have a big screen. I will bring Shocker party favors.
                        Invite your friends, let's show up in big numbers to support our team in the first nationally televised game of the season.
                        Hope to see you all there!!
                        -Ron

Comment

Working...
                        X