No announcement yet.

Tulsa at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 2-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we perhaps agree that anything but a decisive win at home against Tulsa starts the countdown clock for HCIB and ADDB? Happily, I don't have ESPNU so I won't be tempted to watch it. I'm beginning to think I might be the problem.

Comment

Win streak coming...hopefully.

shockers - 69
      tuLsa - 56

Comment

Originally posted by podunkboy View Post
        Can we perhaps agree that anything but a decisive win at home against Tulsa starts the countdown clock for HCIB and ADDB? Happily, I don't have ESPNU so I won't be tempted to watch it. I'm beginning to think I might be the problem.
        You mean that clock hasn't already started?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You mean that clock hasn't already started?
          I've always been forgiving to a fault, as long as there's potential for a turn-around (and I suffered through Cohen/Thompson/Smithson). Seriously, I like coach Brown, and I don't want to go through another regime change. #beentheredonethat

Comment

Heading out to the roundhouse with the fam tonight. I have promised myself to be positive, at least outwardly. I'm really going to try to control my frustrations. Lowered expectations helps a ton. Hope to see some of you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              Heading out to the roundhouse with the fam tonight. I have promised myself to be positive, at least outwardly. I'm really going to try to control my frustrations. Lowered expectations helps a ton. Hope to see some of you there!
              Best of luck to you on this endeavor. I will be at home, on my couch, trying to avoid the whiskey and telling myself that this is all a bad dream. A long ass bad dream that may not end anytime soon, but a dream none the less.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'll probably regret not taking the 7.5 points but friends have assured me this Tulsa team is putrid and this could end up an easy win.

Comment

Tulsa lost to Houston by 2 and 3. Lost to Memphis by 2. SMU by 5. And just smoked USF by 31. I'm thinking we better be ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Tulsa lost to Houston by 2 and 3. Lost to Memphis by 2. SMU by 5. And just smoked USF by 31. I'm thinking we better be ready to play.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Coming in from Hutch for this one. I just hope the result doesn't make me regret the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Coming in from Hutch for this one. I just hope the result doesn't make me regret the drive home.
                        I'm afraid you may regret it. Even if it's an ugly win, will it have been worth your time and the drive back in the weather that may start during the game?

Regardless, drive safe. There should be some rain before the snow and the temps are going to dip this evening and there could easily be a layer of ice down on the roads before the snow shows up.

But it's also Kansas so who knows if the snow ever actually shows up. The ice will still probably be there no matter what.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm afraid you may regret it. Even if it's an ugly win, will it have been worth your time and the drive back in the weather that may start during the game?

Regardless, drive safe. There should be some rain before the snow and the temps are going to dip this evening and there could easily be a layer of ice down on the roads before the snow shows up.

But it's also Kansas so who knows if the snow ever actually shows up. The ice will still probably be there no matter what.
                          I have 4WD, but do worry about the ice. It's snowing in Hutch right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I have 4WD, but do worry about the ice. It's snowing in Hutch right now.
                            The late start doesn't help you any although I wouldn't expect the traffic will be very heavy once you get out of the local post-game congestion.

Comment

Which will be larger: Total points scored between the two teams OR total attendance that will show up on a rainy, snowy night to watch the battle between two last place teams? I kid, I kid.

Comment

Hey, I have good news and bad news. Good news is I have 2 FREE tickets to the game tonight. Bad news is they are right in front of ole SHOXAAC. PM me first come first serve.

Comment

Working...
                                X