Sports Talk in Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Talk in Wichita

Just wanted to point out Phil Stephenson and Leon Liebl have a radio show from 9-11 on KGSO 1410 that is quite enjoyable if you are a Shocker fan. Phil has all sorts of funny and memorable stories.

Between this and Shane Dennis from 12-2 on 92.3, that is four hours of entertaining local sports banter that we have available.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Just wanted to point out Phil Stephenson and Leon Liebl have a radio show from 9-11 on KGSO 1410 that is quite enjoyable if you are a Shocker fan. Phil has all sorts of funny and memorable stories.

Between this and Shane Dennis from 12-2 on 92.3, that is four hours of entertaining local sports banter that we have available.
    Huge get for KSGO.

Comment

I'm almost never in the car these days, but that's good to know. Are there streaming options for these? I'm usually streaming something through my work computer anyway.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not a Dennis fan...he and Haertl were worst ever...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          Not a Dennis fan...he and Haertl were worst ever...
          I thought the show improved with Shane replacing Bob. Never been a big fan of the Bruce but liked Shane what little I listened. But that was a long time ago.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anyone > Lutzs
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It's great to have Phil back in town. I didn't know he had a show, thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I'm almost never in the car these days, but that's good to know. Are there streaming options for these? I'm usually streaming something through my work computer anyway.
                I think they may host on Facebook Live, Sub, but not sure.

Comment

They stream on TuneIn Radio. It's free with one Ad at the start when you open it. Pretty simple, especially since there are only a few spots in Wichita where you can hear this station on any radio.

The Gameplan this morning was discussing Memphis and .01 and his response last night. Good stuff. I'll be listening to Phil from now on at 9.

Comment

Loosely related, but listening a little to Jim Rome yesterday, and he interviewed the Coach at Loyola, Drew Valentine. Valentine replaced Coach Moser when he departed for OU.

Pretty impressive young man. He's only 30 but started coaching at Michigan State under Tom Izzo after his playing days were over at Oakland. He certainly can communicate with today's youth and while the cupboard was not bare (they return either 7 of 8 or 8 of top 9 scorers from last year's S16 team) he's kept the train moving forward so far with a 14-2 record. Sharp young man, thoughtful, seemingly learned a lot from both Izzo and Moser. Hope he continues the success. If you get a chance to listen to him, I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Loosely related, but listening a little to Jim Rome yesterday, and he interviewed the Coach at Loyola, Drew Valentine. Valentine replaced Coach Moser when he departed for OU.

Pretty impressive young man. He's only 30 but started coaching at Michigan State under Tom Izzo after his playing days were over at Oakland. He certainly can communicate with today's youth and while the cupboard was not bare (they return either 7 of 8 or 8 of top 9 scorers from last year's S16 team) he's kept the train moving forward so far with a 14-2 record. Sharp young man, thoughtful, seemingly learned a lot from both Izzo and Moser. Hope he continues the success. If you get a chance to listen to him, I highly recommend it.
                      Agreed. Very impressive young man. Been around a lot of basketball at the highest levels. His brother Denzel was AP Player of the Year at Mich State and plays for the Jazz I believe and his dad played at MSU as well.

Comment

Are you planting a seed of a potential 'next in line'?:)

Comment

Hint hint?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would expect Valentine to be on the short list to replace Izzo when he retires.

Comment

Working...
                            X