vendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vendetta

I'm not saying that the MVC has a bendetta against WSU. But I'm sure not saying there isn't. And the idea certainly isn't a thought I originated. What I can't figure out is why
    WSU is the longest active member of the MVC.
    Current holder of all sports trophy
    Our last 2 coaches were of a national caliber
    National relevance on baseball,volleyball & track
    Nice on-campus facilities
    Student support such as travel
    larger tv market
    National recognition lately
    Attendance to MVC games
    Sell MVC tourny game tix
    NIT champs
    When the MVC is a multi-bid NCAA basketball conference, WSU in involved. When WSU isn't in NCAA's the MVC is a single bid league.
    I haven't seen fans boo an injured player in 9 years
    National accolades fot game environment.
    Phi Alpha

I thought Drake had more years in the MVC than WSU.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
      I thought Drake had more years in the MVC than WSU.
      He didn't say WSU had the most total years (we don't). He said longest active member. Bradley and Drake both dropped out of the Valley for a period in the 1950s due to the Bright issue. They didn't come back until Okie State left the Valley.

Comment

Drake took a break & joined again after WSU joined in 1945. Bradley joined in 1948. Drake has more years, not continual years.

Would add that if there is a vendetta, the MVC shouldn't be clamoring for us to stay.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

Another thing, the MVC had a losing record in bracket busters. wSU was victorious over a team that has clinched an NCAA bid.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

There are many myths as to why WSU is the longest active valley member... I've come to find when these myths get brought up/discussed here on shockernet.net, members seem to get agitated, so I've tried avoiding the subject around here as of late. But I will say the answer is behind closed doors.. People get agitated on shockernet.net cuse we speculate a lot around here. Anyways, go shocks!

Comment

Does the MVC have a vendetta? No

Do all of the member schools despise us? Yes

We need to stop with this conspiracy **** and just make our team better!! Period. Lets make our team so damn good, that we win 20 straight championships. We havent won in st louis in 25 years? Its not because of a conspiracy, its because we didnt play well enough.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The MVC would like parity for all it schools with each one to share equal success regardless of their investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  When the MVC is a multi-bid NCAA basketball conference, WSU in involved. When WSU isn't in NCAA's the MVC is a single bid league.
                  Where did you come up with this? Not even close. The Valley was a multi-bid league for something like 8 straight years from 2000-2007. WSU had one NCAA appearance in that time. CU, SIU and UNI have more of a claim to what you're saying than we do.

But I agree that there is no conspiracy. The MVC office has to put forth a position of equality among it's members, so don't expect favorable treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Where did you come up with this? Not even close. The Valley was a multi-bid league for something like 8 straight years from 2000-2007. WSU had one NCAA appearance in that time. CU, SIU and UNI have more of a claim to what you're saying than we do.

But I agree that there is no conspiracy. The MVC office has to put forth a position of equality among it's members, so don't expect favorable treatment.
                    Speed has a problem...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This is possibly the most ridiculous thread Ive seen...and that includes the Doug Elgin is a Catholic thread. The MVC in no way has a vendetta against us. They would like us to succeed same as all the other teams. Why? Because it makes them more money. We've had some bad luck, but the team didnt get it done Saturday. Yes, their were bad calls but there are bad calls every game in college basketball. Anyone who came on here and looked would just think we were crazy and sore losers to boot. Just remember, crack is whack.

Comment

The MVC IS Wichita State (and every other school). There is no conspiracy and there isn't anyone with a brain that thinks there is, but here (imho) is where the comments get started.

WSU does bring more to the table than any other school. CU as well, but in their case it's only been recently when compared to total MVC history. WSU (fans mostly, but others too) feel like we should be given some preferential treatment, for right or wrong. When we don't get that treatment, and the other 9 (or 8) schools go for the even steven route, then it can have the appearance of inequality. The facts are the other schools want even....I don't think we do. We have a different baseline of expectation.

That's just my take.

Comment

There is no conspiracy or vendetta. There probably are a couple of refs that aren't that fond of HCGM and let it reflect in their calls. That's not that uncommon.

Comment

My take on all this is that Elgin DID NOT want Wichita St. to kill Creighton one more time in the tourney. The "fear"
                            was CU getting either a horrible seed or not make the NCAA at all. Thus the "neutral court" comment referring to WSU playing in the NCAA's by Coach Marshall. Coach knew their for some fixing going on in that game. I just felt so bad for the players.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Actually the MVC was a multi-bid conference nearly every year since multi-bids started in the late 70s. There were a few scattered years here and there where the Valley got only one bid but that was the exception and not the rule. Until 4 years ago anyway, when somehow the MVC became a one bid conference (our conference was not any worse than it was during the previous 20 years) and now in that short time we have become in the national media's mind a one bid conference. Last year was the very low when our conference champ made it to the tournament championship game and got left out and our tournament winner was a 14 seed. That is about as low as you can get.

And during all of that time WSU only got bids a few times, so the premise that WSU is involved whenever the Valley gets multiple bids is totally wrong.

Hopefully things have changed back for good this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X