I dont post much ,, But I gotta say this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont post much ,, But I gotta say this

I am pretty much just a lurker here. and usually keep fairly quiet, but.

I have been really amazed ,( and somewhat saddened )by a lot of the posts
    I have seen this year here on SN. for the most part the board is usually
    positive and most posters have a realistic view of the team and the way the season is going.
    But,,, for whatever reason this yr. a lot of the posters have been a real
    bummer. I mean come on I have seen more negativity displayed here than ever before.
    Can anyone honestly be surprised by the way this season has been going ?
    I for one thought that a lot of your prediction's for where the team would be
    and what there record was going to be were a little skewed to the over
    optimistic ( but hey thats what fans are supposed to be) but the quickness
    at which the critics and doom and gloomer's seem to come out is amazing.

1. the team is in a new system , ( going to be some real ugly games)
    2. new HC , lots of young talent , (going to be some real ugly games)
    3. 4 Sr's 3 of which have any real time on the hardwood in a game
    4. 4 Jr's 1, WP with any ( real time) on the hardwood for WSU
    5 1 So adjusting to a new system for the second yr in a row,
    ( talk about a LONE RANGER if he's here 2 yrs from now !!!)
    and who after showing some promise last yr is progressing well IMHO.
    6. Lots of Fr's who Knows how this will turn out till the season,ing is done

I for one expected this to be an extremely frustrating yr. up and downs along
    the way. and thought we would do well not to be playing Friday in the Lou.
    the losses so far have been baffling ,, and the wins have been baffling but for
    goodness sake the world does not come to an end ( because we lose to UMKC ,
    and the world does not turn Black and Gold because we beat UAB , and LSU.
    This is a great time to be a SHOCKER FAN.
    it was a great time to be a SHOCKER FAN even when we had M. Cohen as a coach,
    (Painful, but still a great time) " Enjoy every Sandwich "
    or as I like to tell the Wife when we're on the Harley
    " hang on and enjoy the ride " it don't get any better than this people. the future looks BRIGHT,
    the present is exiting, the past is over, the Chuck is the best place to be
    when the Boys are on the floor. ugly , or polished IT"S ALL GOOD.
    and you will miss it when the season is over so savor the flavor while you can.
    :goshocks:
    I'll get off the
    Now
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Perspective

OTR Shockfan, good post! Meanwhile, 2 games ago, I got into it with a fan that was being negative in Sec 123. I finally got tired of his continued negativity which culminated in his wishing we had Bobby Knight as a coach rather than GM. So, I had my say about that which could be heard for quite a few rows around there! He didn't show up at the next game, but time will tell.

Comment

AGREE!!! But this is a message board and if we were all happy go lucky folks this forum would be pretty boaring....
      Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Comment

Re: I dont post much ,, But I gotta say this

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
        This is a great time to be a SHOCKER FAN.
        Its always a great time to be a Shocker fan!

I think that some of the negativity comes from people expecting the Basketball I.Q. of the players to be a little higher and catch on the the system a little quicker. We were all expecting a solid rebound coming off of a disappointing season.
        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by TDSHOX
          AGREE!!! But this is a message board and if we were all happy go lucky folks this forum would be pretty boaring....
          True , But I am more frustrated at the SPEED and DEPTH of despair that
          the board seems to go after a loss then the teams play this yr

Just my opinoin but the speed at wich some want to thow players under the bus is a (little ) uncalled for

It's still all good :goshocks:
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
            Originally posted by TDSHOX
            True , But I am more frustrated at the SPEED and DEPTH of despair that
            the board seems to go after a loss then the teams play this yr

Just my opinoin but the speed at wich some want to thow players under the bus is a (little ) uncalled for

It's still all good :goshocks:
            Oh, this board isn't so bad: go check out a BCS team's site after they lose to a midmajor (not that that would ever happen!).

Comment

FWIW - this board is excellent. I could point to a dozen other forums where the behavior and posts border on the near-psychotic and the language and word choice would leave a lot of fans shuddering.

If I, personally, feel horrible about something, sometimes it's a release just to share those feelings with someone else, even if there are only 1 or 2 people who share my feelings/position/whatever.

It's kind of like raising children (even though it's just basketball.) I expect MORE from my kids than other people expect. The fact that GM ripped the team after the first half of BU shows that (as fans) we are not the only ones who expect more.

I fully expect games where (as a fan) I'm not pleased with something, but in the end, I'm a Shocker and I support the program, coach, and players. I must, I mean, they have thousands of my dollars over the last 20+ years. :goshocks:

Comment

You also have to keep in mind who some of the people are that are posting here too. Baylor, KU, KSU fans all seem to get to people here.

The rest of the fans from other smaller schools and MVC schools tend to be very, very good on here when it comes to posting about problems.

And everyone has a bad post or two. It's just human nature.

Comment

Re: Perspective

Originally posted by xazshox
                  OTR Shockfan, good post! Meanwhile, 2 games ago, I got into it with a fan that was being negative in Sec 123. I finally got tired of his continued negativity which culminated in his wishing we had Bobby Knight as a coach rather than GM. So, I had my say about that which could be heard for quite a few rows around there! He didn't show up at the next game, but time will tell.
                  xazshox.. was that you getting on that guy. good. that guy sits right behind me and is annoying as hell. Its one thing to yell but one thing to have no clue what your yelling about.

Comment

AMEN

its funny some of these people dont say anything positive when we play well.
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

You know, when I start feeling frustrated or down about the Shocks I repeat two words and everything just feels so much better. I would now like to share those words with the congregation.....

MIKE COHEN

Comment

:cry:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Love your soapbox emoticon, wish royal would add it!

Oh yeah i agree, but remember that fan is short for fanatic.

:posterwu: 8) 8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I would think the same thing when Turg was here and some idiots in my section would scream for his head yet where was this guy 10 years ago? Maybe he wanted Thompson back?

How quickly we forget the pre Turgeon days.....

Comment

Working...
                            X