Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight from the conference bylaws.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight from the conference bylaws.....

Public Criticism of Officials. Comments made in any public forum by Missouri Valley Conference coaching staff members, or any athletics staff members, which are critical of any game official's performance, character, appearance or abilities (whether the officials are assigned by Missouri Valley Conference or another Conference) will result in automatic suspension of a minimum of one (1) game by the Conference. Following the report of such an occurrence, the Commissioner will investigate the incident, provide for a hearing with the offending individual and render a judgment regarding the matter. The suspension will be served at the next available scheduled contest (excluding exhibition games) and the duration of the suspension shall be at the discretion of the Commission

Finally decided to look it up myself.

I will throw these out as well:

Specific Acts. Acts of unsportslike conduct shall include but not be limited to the following:
    7.3.1.1 Striking or physically abusing an official, opposing coach or player.
    7.3.1.2 Intentionally inciting participants or spectators to violent or abusive action.
    7.3.1.3 Using obscene gestures, profane or unduly provocative language or action toward officials, opponents or spectators.
    7.3.1.4 Engaging in negative recruiting by making unduly derogatory statements about another university's personnel or athletic programs to a prospective student-athlete, parent, high school coach or other persons interested in the prospective student-athlete.
    7.3.1.5 Being publicly and unduly critical, in the opinion of the Commissioner, of the Conference and its personnel or another member institution or its personnel.
    7.3.1.6 Acting in an unsportslike manner not specifically proscribed.
    7.3.2 Penalties. Unsportslike conduct shall subject the individual to disciplinary action. The member institution with which the offending individual is associated may also be subject to disciplinary action if it is found that institution's policies, actions or failure to act substantially contributed to the individual's misconduct. Further, such conduct shall render the individual and possibly the institution subject to private or public reprimand or suspension from additional contest(s) as the Commissioner deems appropriate in the event of flagrant violation or an additional offense.

Comment

All he said was that he saw some strange things and that he liked his chances on a neutral court. He didn't criticize the officials. Troll on brotha...
      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

He's close. I don't think Elgin would do anything going into the tournament, it wasn't that blatent. Maybe he would wait, see if Marshall is back in the league next season, and slap him with a conference one game suspension, to be announced only in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
          All he said was that he saw some strange things and that he liked his chances on a neutral court. He didn't criticize the officials. Troll on brotha...
          First of all, I am hardly a troll. Secondly, I am not saying any of the above will happen. I just find the amount of control and impact the conference has/could have interesting. If you don't find it interesting, then don't read it.

Comment

Do I smell an attention whore?

Comment

Punishing Marshall at this point would be a double edged sword for Elgin. It would bring up the issue of the officiating again as well.

Comment

Marshall has said much worse before on the postgame shows with Mr. Kennedy. Those are also public forums. Nothing happened with those.

Marshall was coy enough to get his point across without technically calling anything specific out. It was a stroke of genius in the moment IMO. If Elgin really wants to light the fuse to the firework tent, try suspending Marshall in the NCAA's.

Comment

Beginning to think lax is ADES or someone related...
                  "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

7.3.1.3 Using obscene gestures, profane or unduly provocative language or action toward officials, opponents or spectators
                    I guess the throat slash move from the punk from SWOMO does not meet these guidelines?
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Public Criticism of Officials. Comments made in any public forum by Missouri Valley Conference coaching staff members, or any athletics staff members, which are critical of any game official's performance, character, appearance or abilities (whether the officials are assigned by Missouri Valley Conference or another Conference) will result in automatic suspension of a minimum of one (1) game by the Conference. Following the report of such an occurrence, the Commissioner will investigate the incident, provide for a hearing with the offending individual and render a judgment regarding the matter. The suspension will be served at the next available scheduled contest (excluding exhibition games) and the duration of the suspension shall be at the discretion of the Commission

Finally decided to look it up myself.
                      This has always bothered me Criticism is the one and only way to be evaluated and to be held accountable for ones performance. I have never understood why an Official , IN ANY SPORT should not be called out and held accountable for his actions?? Who does actually reprimand an Official ,Or "council" them on what they do ??
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                        This has always bothered me Criticism is the one and only way to be evaluated and to be held accountable for ones performance. I have never understood why an Official , IN ANY SPORT should not be called out and held accountable for his actions?? Who does actually reprimand an Official ,Or "council" them on what they do ??
                        Notice it doesn't prohibit criticism. It is talking about public criticism. My understanding is that there are channels and processes for the Coaches and programs to submit complaints about officiating. However, if those complaints continually fall on deaf ears than perhaps you have to go public to have your issues appropriately addressed.

Comment

How many of these articles did ISU violate in the game? When I start seeing Elgin hand out suspensions to Jank and ISU players then I will be worried.

Comment

They may as well take 7.3.1.4 off of there for all the good it does (none). What a joke.

Comment

"Comments made by Coaching Staff Members or Athletic Staff Members" - Hummm - That means that Garrett could say anything he wanted.

Also this one: "7.3.1.5 Being publicly and unduly critical, in the opinion of the Commissioner, of the Conference and its personnel or another member institution or its personnel." - I assume this also applies to only coaching staff or athletic staff members. If not, MANY SHOCKERNET POSTERS ARE IN TROUBLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X