Season Ticket Holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ticket Holders

Just curious what the makeup is on this fine board.
    Current Season Ticket Holder - consider dropping
    20.63%
    Current Season Ticket Holder - holding on to the day I die
    22.22%
    Past Season Ticket Holder - dropped within the past 3 seasons
    11.11%
    Past Season Ticket Holder - dropped over 3 seasons ago
    28.57%
    Never Been a Season Ticket Holder but considering purchasing
    4.76%
    Never Been Season Ticket Holder (and probably never will)
    12.70%

Had season tickets for a few years. It simply became a time and money thing with where I was at in life. I could become one again in the future, but if I'm making that investment I need something worth investing in. So for now, I'll go to a few games when I can and watch the rest from a place of comfort.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was never the holder but my parents had tickets since Randy was coach until WSU canceled Ivanka.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I am absolutely not going to buy season tickets in order to walk 1/4 mile in 20 degree temperatures with the wind blowing in order to watch a team that cant shoot 30% from the field.

The magic of CKA is the excitement when the crowd gets into the game. That's something that can never be experienced watching on TV. It's an awesome feeling. The product I see on the floor the last several years isn't going to generate much crowd response, which removes the "magic" from attending games.

The excitement this year is wondering whether a possession will end in an air ball or a turnover.

Comment

My family has tickets. Have had them 35+ years.

Strongly reconsidering, going forward though.
          The Assman

Comment

Me and my dad had tickets from 2003-2018. The constant increases, the outrageous concession prices were finally too much. It sucks but it finally just wasn’t worth it. It ended up being a good decision as I entered fatherhood a year later.

I would definitely reconsider down the road, assuming we have a good program by then and maybe some more appreciation towards fans. I understand it’s s business and we’re getting the joy of watching games at Koch but it kinda just seems like the athletic department is just taking things for granted. I think a lot of things finally caught up with them. I will not be a purchaser as long as Darron Boatright is AD. And if he’s still AD by the time I’m able to consider tickets again, there might not be anything left worth investing in.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Live in San Diego so not a season ticket holder. Had them prior to moving here 12 years ago.

Comment

I was just thinking about this. Current STH. We’ll see if I actually pull the trigger but I’m closer to saying that I’d consider dropping than to say that I’ll keep them forever. I’ll be very curious to see what happens in the next 5 years, both on and off the court.

Will the department add value to being a STH? Because you can get piece together tickets much less expensive. IBA tickets are still available if you are on the ball when they go on sale to the public. Getting good seats for conference tournament isn’t a thing anymore. How many more NCAA second weekend/Final 4 runs are left in my lifetime?

So…removing all those “benefits,” what’s left? What practical reason is there for me to continue? Call me jaded and cynical, but the reason has to be a lot better than simply “supporting my school and team.”

That is the challenge that the department faces right now.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Live in San Diego so not a season ticket holder. Had them prior to moving here 12 years ago.
                  Insert Anchorman quote here
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I live in Olathe but have considered buying season tickets for several years anyway as my brother and I love going to the games all our life with my dad. However, for the time being I will hold off. My feeling as my posts reflect is that after some good moves in the early 2000s of Turgeon and Marshall, the department blew its own foot off in 2020 by how Marshall was handled. We spent years hoping he wouldn’t take another job and he didnt. We have our legacy coach who stayed loyal and was great for the community and we blow it. The only big challenge the department faced and they weren’t up to
                    it. I was in the stands for most of the 90s looking for every kernel of hope. I feel like those fans deserved the run that we went on. A program is built with fan support and maintained with fan support and proper department management. We don’t have that right now.

I will always be a Shocker. My first game was a football game at Veterans Field in 1963. Bot with all of the external challenges in College sports largely fueled by greedy P-5 members who think that the rest of us will give a crap about them when they force us into a lower division, it is especially discouraging when we get in our own way. Right now I am optimistic about a baseball resurgence and will come back to my beloved hometown on the weekends this spring for some games. Let’s hope we can salvage the basketball season to some extent. The better we do, the better chance for some rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Insert Anchorman quote here
                      Go **** yourself San Diego
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Current STH for over 20 years. Voted to hold on indefinitely because that is most likely what I'll do. But I also must confess that I am much less interested in what's going on than I was 2 years ago. It is a combination of many things not directly related to the basketball program. Life has changed a lot for many of us. Different priorities and perspective. I think you know what I mean. But I am sad that my one and by far favorite escape from the real world has been tarnished in my eyes. We may be fine moving forward, but it just isn't the same for me.

Comment

I’ve had season tickets since GM’s 2nd year even though I live in Topeka. I am retired now but for years I would drive to the game after work and get up at 5am to get back the next day for work (midweek games). I missed only a handful of games but always made sure my tickets were used if I couldn’t be there. I will be 64 in June so I don’t know how much longer I will keep them. I hate to give them up. A Shocker game is a social occasion for us. The game is great but seeing family and friends are the main reason we still go. Shocker Nation is amazing at the away games.

Comment

If I belong in any category it's the first one. Had tix for 20-21 years. Still have em, haven't been to a game yet (health)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Go **** yourself San Diego

Comment

Working...
                              X