Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What price would you be willing to pay for success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see...

I'm willing to mortgage everything (including WuShock's soul) to bring in some Lunkers.

I mean... nothing worse than what the ChicKUns would do...

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Basically, Koch Industries paying players $100k for playing at WSU. Something like that.
      I'd argue that's not bending the rules. Player is making money off of their name, image, or likeness.

Only issue is that Koch isn't the type of company that could use a college basketball player as a spokesman. FedEx is closer. A big car dealer donor, restauranteur, or something like that is probably best.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        In this new era, If you don’t “bend the rules” you better have the reincarnation of John Wooden because players follow the money or will transfer if they feel “above” the program.
        Wooden wasn't clean

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Let's see...

I'm willing to mortgage everything (including WuShock's soul) to bring in some Lunkers.

I mean... nothing worse than what the ChicKUns would do...
          Speaking of KU it’s definitely an odd time for them and WSU.. It has yet to be seen if WSU will ever recover from losing Marshall and the American collapsing. KU is more of a slow burn. They ironically have not had a #1 overall recruit ever since the FBI wire tapped Bill Self’s cell phone. Their fans know that the 5 infractions are going sting pretty hard and word is all of those cases are supposed to be wrapped up by April. I can’t see Self sticking around if KU is banned from the post season for 2-3 years and loses a bunch of scholarships. In the event of a 2-3 year post season ban they won’t have to start over from scratch. But they will have to start over with a new coach, less scholarships and hopefully no more cheating lol

Comment

Serious question: how good do all of you want to be? Hell, we’ve got Koch money…are we gonna pay enough to beat Duke/North Carolina every year, or are we just needing enough to be top 40?

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
              Serious question: how good do all of you want to be? Hell, we’ve got Koch money…are we gonna pay enough to beat Duke/North Carolina every year, or are we just needing enough to be top 40?
              We really don't have Koch money. If we did we could still hire just about any coach we desired.

Comment

I was told the other day that a group of wealthy donors at Texas basically formed a shell company with the specific direction of putting players on the payroll. I don’t know if NIL rules can even be bent. They are whatever the schools want to allow.

Comment

Our best hope is that Chase Koch wants the arena named after his Dad on national TV in a positive way. Charles doesn't seem to be that interested in dropping money on athletics. He will put his name on the wall behind press conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I was told the other day that a group of wealthy donors at Texas basically formed a shell company with the specific direction of putting players on the payroll. I don’t know if NIL rules can even be bent. They are whatever the schools want to allow.
                    Yep. That's exactly what it's gonna take moving forward.

The new age is upon us. Wanna stay relevant and continue to pursue another Final Four with National Championship dreams??? How 'bout remaining a Top-50/75 basketball program from here on out???

At a baseline...we will need a payroll budget of 3 scholarship players offered and paid $100,000 per year. Three more players offered and paid $75,000 per year. And three more players offered and paid $50,000 per year.

That's nine players getting a guarantee of $675,000 per year. The bidding wars will of course be pricier than that as time goes on.

Still wanna play this game?

Money...money and more money.

Sad but true.............
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I think the NCAA should rescind the enrollment requirement. It's just not fair to put a bunch of rigorously training athletes that are already more highly compensated than their professors at the mercy of said professors. Also, what's with the 5 years to play 4 rule? The income a long-term 10 year athlete could generate for the university and himself far outweighs that repressive rule.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I think the NCAA should rescind the enrollment requirement. It's just not fair to put a bunch of rigorously training athletes that are already more highly compensated than their professors at the mercy of said professors. Also, what's with the 5 years to play 4 rule? The income a long-term 10 year athlete could generate for the university and himself far outweighs that repressive rule.
                        LOL, This is just about how ridiculous it is becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I know you're kidding, but the veneer of amateurism is being peeled away. I wonder how much longer the athletes will need to be students?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Yep. That's exactly what it's gonna take moving forward.

The new age is upon us. Wanna stay relevant and continue to pursue another Final Four with National Championship dreams??? How 'bout remaining a Top-50/75 basketball program from here on out???

At a baseline...we will need a payroll budget of 3 scholarship players offered and paid $100,000 per year. Three more players offered and paid $75,000 per year. And three more players offered and paid $50,000 per year.

That's nine players getting a guarantee of $675,000 per year. The bidding wars will of course be pricier than that as time goes on.

Still wanna play this game?

Money...money and more money.

Sad but true.............
                            Curious where you found the metrics for competitive NIL pay? Glassdoor, BLS, cocktail napkin, your ass? :)
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

found this article, which basically backs up what I heard a few weeks ago about Texas. $50k for an offensive lineman, the quarterback is getting $1 Million + (he allegedly made over $1 M at Ohio State and never played). I have no clue how this translates to basketball players. My guess is most of the 5* guys are getting paid, many of the 4* guys are either getting paid direct or looking for worthwhile endorsements.
                              AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Six months after one of the biggest rule changes in the history of college sports, money for athletes is being pledged by the millions in a development that has raised concerns about the role of wealthy alumni eager to back their beloved alma maters.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Curious where you found the metrics for competitive NIL pay? Glassdoor, BLS, cocktail napkin, your ass? :)
                                All the above plus my PowerBall numbers this week.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X