Bilas drops the Shocks two spots to #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilas drops the Shocks two spots to #12

ESPN Insider Jay Bilas has his latest top 68 rankings. Kansas rises to No. 4, while UNC has a firm grasp on the No. 3 spot.

12. Wichita State Shockers

The Shockers had a clear shot off a well-designed play to win against Illinois State, but like most years in the Missouri Valley, the best team will not win the conference tournament. Nevertheless, this team is the real deal, and will be a tough out in the NCAA tournament.

Fine with me.

Comment

On point once again Jay
      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

I also thought that was a very well designed play with only .9 seconds on the clock. Sitting at an angle directly in line with that shot, I can tell it was certainly on line and just a bit short. I thought it was in. It was a good play.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
          I also thought that was a very well designed play with only .9 seconds on the clock. Sitting at an angle directly in line with that shot, I can tell it was certainly on line and just a bit short. I thought it was in. It was a good play.
          IIRC, they changed it to 1.1 seconds. Not much, but at the time I thought it would be the difference between a tip and a catch and shoot.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Kind of funny - I was at the game and texting someone in wichita on the first Illinois state big foul against Garrett and asked "did he stomp him?" she said "yes".
            Then when the guy went down after catching toure's elbow, I asked "what happened?". She said "aren't you at the game?". I said "Yeah, but believe me, we're not seeing any replays of this stuff". The ability to see the replays really spoils you. Hard to see everything in real time - but, I'm glad I was there for sure.
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Bilas has us at No. 12 - here is what he said about CU:

28. Creighton Bluejays

The Jays can really score but have lacked the defensive identity a Missouri Valley team would seem to need to advance beyond the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Wins against San Diego State, Northwestern, Wichita State, Northern Iowa and Long Beach State have virtually ensured Creighton's entry into the NCAA tournament, but the Jays made every bubble team smile by beating Illinois State for the Valley automatic bid. By the way, Illinois State is rated No. 95 in the BPI.

Comment

Working...
              X