Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List all the good things about the loss here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List all the good things about the loss here....

1. More proof the league hates us, giving us the final impetus to leave. In fact, I would not be surprised if HCGM demands it as a condition of him sticking around;

2. An extra day's rest;

3. Dropping off people's radar, lessening the pressure;

4. Less of a chance to get into a fist fight with a Creighton fan and a subsequent disorderly conduct charge;

5. Gives us another team to hate since all of these convicts for Ill St return next year.

Any more?

Less chance of someone getting hurt before the Dance.

Comment

Illinois St's RPI is now 102, so if they win tomorrow, we get two more top 100 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        1. More proof the league hates us, giving us the final impetus to leave. In fact, I would not be surprised if HCGM demands it as a condition of him sticking around
        Sorry, but I doubt that. That would be quite an extraordinary demand for any coach to make. And we'd have to have some offers coming our way...which I also dont see happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
          Illinois St's RPI is now 102, so if they win tomorrow, we get two more top 100 wins.
          That's the best news I have heard since the loss.

Comment

I'll never spend a dollar in St. Louis again.
            Last edited by WuDrWu; March 3, 2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

It's time to move the tournament to Kansas City. I am tired of the curse of St. Louis. I am ready to try a change.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                1. More proof the league hates us, giving us the final impetus to leave. In fact, I would not be surprised if HCGM demands it as a condition of him sticking around;
                Wsu is not leaving the mvc. There is no place to go except a lesser conference.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  It's time to move the tournament to Kansas City. I am tired of the curse of St. Louis. I am ready to try a change.
                  Doesnt St. Louis have a long contract going? I rather like St. Louis regardless of how we've done there. And tts more centrally located than KC would ever be for the league. I dont see the tournament ever being moved there.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Mvc is not going to move the tournament. They have it right where they want it. They have suckers in Wichita that will travel. And it close enough for the rest of the mvc for them to make a short trip if their team does well.

Comment

Many shockernet folks seem to really like ISU a whole lot for whatever reason, so they should be really glad right about now that ISU and not, say, MSU, beat Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        Many shockernet folks seem to really like ISU a whole lot for whatever reason
                        Their fans are generally the classiest and most well-grounded group in the league...at least on the various message boards.

Comment

I like that we're entering the tournament with a chip on our shoulder.

Getting jobbed like this, gives us something to prove.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

I have bought my last $7.00 Diet Pepsi.
                            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I thought White was impressive in the game.

Moreso as the only guy on our team that seemed to have any success in the paint.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X