No announcement yet.

Predict Our NCAA Tournament Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the latest rankings are any indication, the ILSU loss didn't result in a big drop to our stock. I think our chances of a 4 are still pretty fair, though we'll probably get a 5. A 3 or 6 isn't likely to happen.
    Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; March 5, 2012, 03:39 PM. Reason: I apparently forgot who we played Saturday
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Comment

We should be a 5, imo. Which means we'll likely be a 6 or 7.
        "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
        -- Pele

Comment

Lunardi's latest S curve has WSU at #16 (the last of the 4 seeds) and has CU at #25 (the first of the 7 seeds):

Comment

I would have really liked a 3. A 4 would be great. But even at a 5, WE ARE STILL IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT!!!!!

Comment

Still sold that we end up a 7 or 8. If we get higher, then yahoo.

Comment

Comment

Thanks to Florida State, we'll end up as a 5. They're going to take our spot at the 4.

Comment

#5...agreed about Florida State taking the number 4 spot that we fill currently. Though I was never sold on us getting a #4 even without Florida State.

Comment

NCAA RPI is at 12

Comment

If Lunardi;s latest view of the top 4 seeds goes, we will be no better than a 5. Can't wait to hear the Shox name called, no matter what the seed.

Speaking of... Bracketology is starting now on ESPN...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                          Thanks to Florida State, we'll end up as a 5. They're going to take our spot at the 4.
                          That was almost guaranteed without the ACC tournament. FSU would have had to lose to Miami to get WSU back ahead.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Illinois State just moved up to #100 in the RPI.

Comment

Does ranking not play as big a factor in seed selection as i thought it did? We're 16th in both poles this week, assuming we dont move in the rankings since we didnt play... should we not be the last 4 seed? What factors in addition to pole rankings are considered for seed selection? RPI? I suppose region & trying to avoid intraconference matchups could affect selection as well...

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock View Post
                                Does ranking not play as big a factor in seed selection as i thought it did? We're 16th in both poles this week, assuming we dont move in the rankings since we didnt play... should we not be the last 4 seed? What factors in addition to pole rankings are considered for seed selection? RPI?
                                We won't be 16 on Monday. FSU at a minimum will hurdle WSU. Not playing doesn't mean a lot if the teams around you get big wins.

It has a big factor in seed selection, but not that big. Look at Murray State ... Top 10 team, but WSU will get a much better seed. RPI, SOS, big wins/bad losses comparison is all involved.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X