No announcement yet.

Predict Our NCAA Tournament Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 to 6 seed depending on how the teams around us do. I can't see us falling down worse than a 6. But if the other teams around us suffer some losses we could possibly stay a 4. I think the most likely scenerio is a 5 or 6.

The 2006 team lost in the semis of the MVC tourney and ended up as a 7 seed. The 1981 team lost to Creighton in the championship game (played in Wichita) and ended up with a 6 seed.

So if we can get a 5 seed this year, it will still be the best seed ever for a WSU team since the ncaa started seeding the ncaa tournament (in 1979 I believe). If we end up with a 6, we will have the same seed as the 1981 team and that was a very good team that ended up in the elite 8.

Comment

Davidson might hold the key to tipping us either to a 5 or a 6 seed. RPIforecast predicts they will have an RPI of 40 if they win out in the SoCon Tournament. They are currently 64. Getting us to 3-3 against the RPI top 50 would probably let us hang onto a 5 seed by a fingernail, imho.

Davidson leads Furman 33-19 in the quarterfinal matchup right now.

Comment

No way still a 4.....shouldnt drop to 7, so probably 6

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          Davidson might hold the key to tipping us either to a 5 or a 6 seed. RPIforecast predicts they will have an RPI of 40 if they win out in the SoCon Tournament. They are currently 64. Getting us to 3-3 against the RPI top 50 would probably let us hang onto a 5 seed by a fingernail, imho.

Davidson leads Furman 33-19 in the quarterfinal matchup right now.
          IllState winning the tourney is important for us as well. Losing to the eventual champion in the semi-finals is a lot better than losing to the runner-up. And they would be a top 100 RPI team with a win over Creighton, which gives us two top 100 RPI wins.

At this point, assuming from the March_24_7 brackets that Louisville, Florida, Temple, Vandy, UNLV, ND, Murray, and UNM are the teams right behind us as 5/6 seeds, how many of those teams clearly jump over us? Louisville just lost two straight this week to close out the season. UF is bombing and lost three straight. UNLV just lost yet again on the road. ND lost to Marquette by double digits, their second straight loss. The only teams that didn't were Temple, UNM, and Murray State, and Temple required OT at home and the single most lopsided officiated game I've ever seen called to beat a mediocre Mass team. UNM lost two straight last week. And winning the conference tournament really does nothing for Murray State.

I don't personally think we drop that much as of now, but that depends on how those teams do in their conference tournaments. We could get beaten up on, but really ... the 4-6 seeds are pretty weak this year. There isn't a surging team that is rising up to jump ahead of us. Almost everyone is losing.

Creighton might jump us if they win this tourney, though. Whichever team wins the MWC might. Murray probably won't. I don't think Temple should. Louisville or ND would if they do anything in the Big East tourney.
          Last edited by Rlh04d; March 3, 2012, 06:51 PM.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            IllState winning the tourney is important for us as well. Losing to the eventual champion in the semi-finals is a lot better than losing to the runner-up. And they would be a top 100 RPI team with a win over Creighton, which gives us two top 100 RPI wins.
            I agree with your assessment,but CU got to rest their starters for almost half of the second half today. I think it will be an uphill battle for he redbirds.

Comment

I really effing hate conference tourneys. A whole season can either be saved by a below average team or completely **** on a team that has played well all year. Freaking choke job again in St. Louis

A 6 or 7 seed. I'm hoping this loss spurs on the same brilliant play as last season's semi-final loss... only the competition will be a bit better this time.

Freaking sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I agree with your assessment,but CU got to rest their starters for almost half of the second half today. I think it will be an uphill battle for he redbirds.
                We got to rest our starters for almost half of the second half yesterday. Didn't seem to help us.

It'll definitely be an uphill battle for them. It's still in our best interest that they win, though.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I'm thinking a 6 which might be better for us than the 4/5.

Comment

Comment

I don't think ISU red has a snow balls chance to beat CU tomorrow. I know we had to have worn them down physically. CU had an easy time with UE and will be a lot fresher IMO. I will be rooting for ISU, but I'm pretty sure anything that can go wrong for the Shox this weekend will continue on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I don't think ISU red has a snow balls chance to beat CU tomorrow. I know we had to have worn them down physically. CU had an easy time with UE and will be a lot fresher IMO. I will be rooting for ISU, but I'm pretty sure anything that can go wrong for the Shox this weekend will continue on Sunday.
                        The St. Louis curse continues.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          WGAF?
                          Agreed.

I just want this team to maim and destroy every team standing in their way in the NCAA's, just like they did in the NIT after the Suckamore debacle last year. Do not take any prisoners.

Comment

3 - No chance
                            4 - 1% chance
                            5 - 90% chance
                            6 - 8.9% chance
                            7 - 0.1% chance
                            8 - No chance

Comment

palm has us a 5 today.

Comment

Who cares. Most of the cowards on this board were wanting a 6 and will probably get it now.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X