Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Evansville destroys Creighton.

Comment

• Hard to make any shots when u get hammered at the rim every time with no call X

Comment

• Jankovich saying Wilkins got the 2nd tech because he was speaking French...Said "He was speaking the wrong language."

Whaaa?

Comment

• Do we really think this will bump them all the way down to a 6 or 7?

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
            Scoring 1 point in the last 6:39 is why WSU lost. ONE POINT. Had we scored 3 points in the last 6:39, we win. WSU lost this game. The refs didn't lose it for them.
            +1 -- how often has WSU gone that long without a FG (and had one of its best clutch foul shooters miss one, too) at the end of a game? Do that, and you're going to lose. Get it out of their system now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
              If you are being mugged every time you go to the basket, it makes it harder to score.
              You can't possibly tell me that we were mugged on each of the 41 shots that we missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                Do we really think this will bump them all the way down to a 6 or 7?
                For once, I hope KC is right, at least about the 6. By the way, Dr. Gloom -- which "good mid-major" do you fear as an 11 seed? And if WSU isn't there, none are going to be found among the 3s and 2s. Bring on the 6!

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                  You can't possibly tell me that we were mugged on each of the 41 shots that we missed.
                  You're right! I was exaggerating. But give us a couple of those shots back where there was a no call & we win the game.

Comment

• If your 7' Center is on the bench with 3 actual fouls, while thier Center is on the court with 11 total committed fouls, it can be tough to score in the final minutes.

If you are getting hammered the ENTIRE game every time you take the ball to the hoop, yet only 1 of the 3 officials is calling anything on the opposing team, it is difficult to score the ENTIRE game.

Don't look at it as the last 6 1/2 mins. It is a 40 min game. Any one of the 6 times in the first half Toure got hammered, would have led to 2 FT's. Any time in the second half that Stutz is posting up on Carmichael with the 4 fouls leads to easy points for Stutz as Carmichael doesn't want to pick up his 5th.

Don't get it, watch Joe on 2 steals and drives where he doesn't contest the shot because he doesn't want to pick up his 3rd/4th foul.

Again, if you haven't been on the court with a whisle in your mouth, and still are dumb enough to believe that ref's can't change the way a game is played, then you should be a Creighton fan.

Comment

• Did I say go Evansville? Seeing CU stomp around will make me vomit and hearing CU fans "told ya so" lines will make me want to break someone's face. This loss will undoubtedly will take away some of the national spotlight on the Shox and perhaps serve us well in the NCAA's as maybe we can 'sneak up' on somebody? Maybe.

Comment

• Next Play. Next Game. Next Day.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          Jankovich saying Wilkins got the 2nd tech because he was speaking French...Said "He was speaking the wrong language."

Whaaa?
                          Did the ref think he was cussing at him in French? Which, I dont know, obviously possible...but if he was just specifically called out for not speaking English...that cant be right

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                            You're right! I was exaggerating. But give us a couple of those shots back where there was a no call & we win the game.
                            We could have made 1 more of our FTs we missed as well. The game was there for the taking and we didn't grab it.

Comment

• Did we have an off game and shoot poorly? Yes.

Should we have had more than 1 point in the last 7 minutes of the game? Yes.

Should we have done better to keep their shooters from getting hot earlier? Yes.

Should we have done more to neutralize Jackie Carmichael? Yes.

These are things that the team could have done better. I think we can agree on that.

But it's also fair to point out that some of the calls (and non-calls) were also a factor. The game was very physical, which wore on our guys a little more. The Redbirds were looking for something to knock us off our game. Dirty tactics were the weapon of choice, and the refs were apparently more than willing to allow them to play that way.

My two cents. Take it or leave it.
                              Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
                                Did the ref think he was cussing at him in French? Which, I dont know, obviously possible...but if he was just specifically called out for not speaking English...that cant be right
                                I'm pretty sure Jank was hyperbolating.

Comment

Working...
                                X