Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    Maybe the worst shooting day for Wichita State all season.
    3rd worst after Alabama and Creighton1.

Comment

• Another reason HCGM will want to bolt this conference.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        That there was basically the difference in the game.
        There were a lot of differences.

The fouls. ISU shooting amazing from the free throw line. WSU shooting 34% on FGs, our third worst mark on the year. WSU not scoring a FG for the final seven minutes of the game. Carl Hall having the worst game I've ever seen from him.

Oh, and at the end of the day, both Murry and Stutz missing game winning baskets. Say what you will, but if you have the ball with the chance to win that close to the basket ... winners need to hit those shots.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Another reason HCGM will want to bolt this conference.
          That was my first thought too...

Comment

• Scoring 1 point in the last 6:39 is why WSU lost. ONE POINT. Had we scored 3 points in the last 6:39, we win. WSU lost this game. The refs didn't lose it for them.

Comment

• Marshall killing it in the postgame interview room. http://www.valley-live.tv/

Comment

• This is INFURIATING! If we can't win at St. Louis as a number 1 seed, when in the freak are we going to? This is absolutely unacceptable and I don't give a damn about officials or whatever freakin' excuse anyone can come up with. We beat this team twice already, a team who has a non-con SOS of over 200 and who lost to SIU and UNC Wilmington.

Bye bye 3 or 4 seed, hello Mr. 6 or 7. Wanna bet to see who we are paired up in the NCAA's? Since the NCAA loves to get rid of mid-majors early on in the tournament, it will be some other good mid-major. These guys have 2 weeks to think about this loss and I will reserve my prediction of what will transpire until we see the bracket. Right now, my emotional side has taken over and say we pull a 2008 Drake in the NCAA's. Oh wait, that is not entirely accurate as Drake won the MVC Tourney.

I digress. I will try to simmer down and perhaps level heads will prevail. I will try and enjoy the body of work and the next step in the GM era of finally making it to the NCAA's. I want to throw a sledgehammer at my freakin TV right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  I think Illinois State has a good chance of winning the tournament.
                  Agree! (Couldn't find the "Agree" icon)
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Saw the last 10 minutes or so. The refs looked like they were calling ****, as per usual, but it also looked like we didnt help ourselves either. That is not a great shooting percentage to be sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                      Stutz should have been in longer at the end of the game when we weren't scoring. He is a major focal point of our offense.

And why was Carmichael allowed to do whatever he wanted in the paint? I will be so happy to see non-MVC refs in the NCAA tournament.
                      Stutz would have likely fouled out within two ISU possessions since Carmichael was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Stutz would have likely fouled out within two ISU possessions since Carmichael was allowed to do whatever he wanted.
                        I believe he had the same amount of fouls that Stutz did.

Comment

• With lack of a solid inside presence lately, this was bound to happen. Stutz and Hall need some practice time. Can't expect the guards to do it all.

Comment

• By the way, go Evansville. I do not want to see CU posturing in St. Louis and more importantly, now want to see 3 MVC teams in the post-season.

Comment

• Marshall " The valley get what they want, if they don't want us in the championship game, then they got what they want"
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                By the way, go Evansville. I do not want to see CU posturing in St. Louis and more importantly, now want to see 3 MVC teams in the post-season.
                                Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X