Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
    This is depressing I don't know how they can lose this game
    ISU turned it into a football game, and they got bailed out. Tough to win 5 on 8.
    Last edited by wu_shizzle; March 3, 2012, 04:02 PM.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• CBS won't be happy if CU loses to Evansville....
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Neither did the bozos working with Higgins. Allowing Carmichael to get away with so much changed the game. So did allowing Wilkens to beat the **** out if Stutz. That double technical was 100% on the officiating crew. That eliminated Stutz. Multiple BS calls on Hall and things changed.
        Glad to see we still think the same way. Couldn't stop thinking about how the entire game got away from the officials with their inability to address the physicality early on. Illinois State had to know the only way to beat us was to "dirty" the game up, and the officials were all too ready to comply. Granted, the officials didn't stop us from making a shot for the final 6.5 minutes, but allowing our studs to get hammered all night surely had an effect on the poor performance in the closing minutes.

Comment

• If Hall and Stutz don't return to earlier season form, we won't go far. If they pull their heads out, we'll be golden. Oh, and by the way, these refs really sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Neither did the bozos working with Higgins. Allowing Carmichael to get away with so much changed the game. So did allowing Wilkens to beat the **** out if Stutz. That double technical was 100% on the officiating crew. That eliminated Stutz. Multiple BS calls on Hall and things changed.
            Good teams need to cope. With all of the bad calls, it was still our team that lost the game. They might have kept it close, but our poor shooting lost the game.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Ahhh, I saw Stutz 4th foul and said, "I wonder if the guys at shockernet are complaining about the refs?"

This was the first post I saw.
              Stutz's 3rd foul was a push.

His Technical was ******** (no *'s).

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                CBS won't be happy if CU loses to Evansville....
                It's something a championship team will have to deal with... if you want to be one... REFS have been getting slammed all year in almost every conference. It's been an unusually bad year for the refs. Team will have a week to shake it off and focus on the big dance. we're in ..

Comment

• The blessing might be that we play better now, fired up to prove something in the tournament.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                    ISU shot 20-22 FTs. That'll win you a game.
                    That there was basically the difference in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan View Post
                      If Hall and Stutz don't return to earlier season form, we won't go far. If they pull their heads out, we'll be golden. Oh, and by the way, these refs really sucked.
                      Stutz has barely seen the FT line the past half dozen games. And when he has tried to score, it has been more like the previous three years. He has to be decisive when he goes to the hole.

Comment

• Stutz should have been in longer at the end of the game when we weren't scoring. He is a major focal point of our offense.

And why was Carmichael allowed to do whatever he wanted in the paint? I will be so happy to see non-MVC refs in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Stutz has barely seen the FT line the past half dozen games. And when he has tried to score, it has been more like the previous three years. He has to be decisive when he goes to the hole.
                          Stutz was doing too much driving and moving around and shooting from the outside. That probably gave him 2-3 fouls. He needs to be a stationary figure in the paint to succeed. This Arvydas Sabonis razzle dazzle isn't going to fly.

Comment

• Maybe the worst shooting day for Wichita State all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                              Stutz should have been in longer at the end of the game when we weren't scoring. He is a major focal point of our offense.

And why was Carmichael allowed to do whatever he wanted in the paint? I will be so happy to see non-MVC refs in the NCAA tournament.
                              Carmichael did have 4 fouls. So he didn't get away with everything.

Comment

• "I saw some strange things today. Pretty tough to win when you see the strange things I saw today."

-HCGM

I paraphrased because I couldn't remember the exact quote from the post game.

Comment

Working...
                                X