No announcement yet.

Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First half seemed like it was played in slow motion... Second half is going to be rough.... GO SHOX!!!!
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

GS, DW, and Hall were pretty much non-factors, Kyles and Smith combined to shoot 1-14... and we're up 8. Gotta love the quality depth.

Comment

Shooting just 35% from the field. 33% from three.. ISU is worse though...

Comment

At least today it is 7 v. 6 instead of 8 vs. 5 against the Shockers.

Toure getting hammered everytime he goes to the hole. Not one foul call. He reaches around and barely makes contact and gets foul called on him.

Comment

12 fouls on WSU vs. 9 on the Redbirds....

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              Shooting just 35% from the field. 33% from three.. ISU is worse though...
              Rough first half. Kyles is just killing us on 1-8 shooting. He has to stop settling for mediocre shots and move it inside. Especially while Carmichael is on the bench. We don't need to be launching threes every possession. Just move it around and take better shots.

Between him and all of the off balance shots and running floaters, I'm not surprised the percentage is low. We had bad shot selection that half.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I wish these silly refs would quit calling so many damn fouls. Just because our opponents aren't as athletic as us doesn't mean you have to call every aggressive block attempt, etc an automatic foul. This is why I enjoy playing the so-called big name schools, they seem to let them play more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  White with 7 points. 35-27
                  7 pts. 6 rebounds. 5 offensive rebounds. He IS the difference in the game right now...

Comment

Stutz and Hall need to start asserting themselves more, we are going to need them down the stretch.

Comment

ISU had a twelve minute streak without a FG. I think they scored nine on FTs during that. Less fouls and a normal FG percentage from us, and we'd be running them off the court right now.

Almost half of their points are from FTs. That's insane.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Got top of 104 in the club seats for today and tomorrow for face price. Loving the legroom. Illinois State dance team, nice. Shocks need to kick it back into high gear second half. Toure' is getting mayors and nary a call. Stutz and Hall need to step up with a better second half.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Need a second half burst to start the second half. Leave Garrett out. Don't give ISU a target..

Comment

TSU up 1 on Murray State with 7 minutes to go on ESPN2.

Comment

Can someone with DVR go back and watch the Nic Moore pick on Murry. I got a message saying Moore left his feet leading with his shoulder toward Murry.

His opinion was the ref looked back at it then laughed and ran up the court. I missed the play.

Comment

Jake white has been huge.
                                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Working...
                                X