MVC Tournament discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tournament discussion

Just looking at the live stats of the UNI-ISUred game, with 11min to play in the 2nd half, it looks like a play-in game. 28% and 33% FG shooting. Is it just good defense or are the offenses just struggling?

Bad offense. Though it has picked up the last few minutes.

Comment

Pretty good chest to chest defense, some of that due to teams knowing each other so well. Lots of missed open shots too.

ISU Red up by four with seven and change to go.

Comment

Now seven with four and change to go

Comment

Part of what makes us so successful is our run-outs. We are, by far, more skilled than anybody at getting a rebound and challenging the defense immediately. It takes our bigs like Garrett and Hall to start the run with a precise and quick outlet to Joe, who can break down a defense pretty well. And although I have been a consistent voice over the past two years of Kyles' inability to do anything else but shoot, he does a nice job securing a rebound and put pressure immediately on the defense as he pushes the ball on the bounce. Toure' does a good job of that as well. Nobody can seem to slow us down. The only way to do that is the opponent making shots...Tree U made 27%, while Drake made 37%. Nice job shocks.

Comment

Four teams played so far today, only one scored more than 54.

So as soon as Lowery is fired UNI and the ISU twins pay tribute to Bruce Weber?

Comment

I've watched both games where the winner had the Shox in the next game. It hasn't looked like anybody has wanted to win those games. I get the feeling a lot of the league has thrown in the towel if the see WSU coming up on the schedule.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I've watched both games where the winner had the Shox in the next game. It hasn't looked like anybody has wanted to win those games. I get the feeling a lot of the league has thrown in the towel if the see WSU coming up on the schedule.
                The only thing of note was Carmichael with 16 pts,15 rebounds and 5 blocks...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  The only thing of note was Carmichael with 16 pts,15 rebounds and 5 blocks...
                  He damn sure didn't throw in the towel. He could be big tomorrow. D, D, Defense, first and second level, must be the story for Wichita State in that game tomorrow. Even better than they played today.

Comment

Not sure we'd necessarily want Weems, but had Marshall been in WSU a year earlier, I'm sure we could have had Weems and Carmichael on this years squad! Two very good Kansas kids that went elsewhere in the Valley.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      Part of what makes us so successful is our run-outs. We are, by far, more skilled than anybody at getting a rebound and challenging the defense immediately. It takes our bigs like Garrett and Hall to start the run with a precise and quick outlet to Joe, who can break down a defense pretty well. And although I have been a consistent voice over the past two years of Kyles' inability to do anything else but shoot, he does a nice job securing a rebound and put pressure immediately on the defense as he pushes the ball on the bounce. Toure' does a good job of that as well. Nobody can seem to slow us down. The only way to do that is the opponent making shots...Tree U made 27%, while Drake made 37%. Nice job shocks.
                      Don't forget DWill! He might be the best at pushing down court after securing a board.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Its early but Drake out with a quick start over Cretin 12 to 2
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Anyone else watching and getting a hockey game instead of the MVC tournament? Im pissed. I dont want to watch Chicago vs Ottowa...media guide claims its supposed to be there and it isnt. And Im in Iowa too so I cant access ESPN3.

Comment

CU now takes the lead 8min left in 1st half
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X