Medical Redshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Redshirt

Would A. Butler be allowed a medical redshirt? How does it work? Funk took one after playing in 2005-2006 season.

I believe he is going to be the odd man out next year with us being one over and there is no reason to keep him any longer if he hasn't been able to reach the helping point in his career now. I believe he could get a medical redshirt if we wanted it, but cant see why we would

Comment

Why would Butler need a medical redshirt? He used one last year didn't he?

Comment

I believe he has 5 years to complete 4 years of b-ball (he's in year 2). It's possible if he's had a season ending injury that he could seek a 6th year, but I believe he has to have graduated for the NCAA to consider giving a extension.

Comment

I was kind of wondering if Matt could seek a medical exemption if he was out for the rest of the season. As doc pointed out he probably should protect his health (fwiw I agree with him) but quitters don't make it to this level.

Comment

The last thing we should wish for Matt is a medical redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
              I was kind of wondering if Matt could seek a medical exemption if he was out for the rest of the season. As doc pointed out he probably should protect his health (fwiw I agree with him) but quitters don't make it to this level.
              A medical redshirt for Matt is not a consideration. To qualify for a medical redshirt you have to play in less than 20% of your team's games (regular season I think). Matt has already played in 12 games. This is his last year one way or the other, and the more you hear Matt and others discuss his situation the more you get the feeling his playing days may be over. We'll know soon enough.

Comment

There is zero chance of Butler getting a medical redshirt year at WSU.

Comment

What's up with Butler? Why zero minutes up to this point? Is he still hurt? Too far behind both mentally and/or physically? Not putting out the effort both on and/or off the court. Something's doesn't add up.

Comment

He was cleared to play about a month ago. Either he doesn't trust his knee and/or isn't giving what he needs to in practice. Those are the only explainations I can come up with for him not seeing any time other than to foul late in one game.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The only "Redshirt" Arbry should be wearing is this one:

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

didnt the doctors already clear him to play? Arbry's not playing cuz Arbry dont want to.
                        ________
                        California Dispensary
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

The last comment I recollect was that he told the coach that he wasn't ready to play, whether from recovering from injury, or whether he is not confident in his skills to be effective in D-1 ball.

With our current record, I don't know if CGM wants to gamble with him. We had to with the guards because of Matt. I would say if he doesn't get some minutes within the next 2 weeks or so, that another direction is being decided on him, especially if he is not keeping up with his classes.

Comment

He actually played in one game, as I recall. I don't think the injury is the issue.
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Butler

If Butler does not get any playing time this year, can he transfer to a Juco and still have 2 years eligibility after that?

Comment

Working...
                              X