No announcement yet.

Players' Health????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances are the the gastro-instestinal version is a quick hitter that is gone in 48 hours. Forutnately, Garrett (and any others) will have IV fluids to make sure fluids and electrolytes are restored, although it's bound to have some effect.

The respiratory version may not be as severe but probably hangs on for a week (or more).

I guess this is just another challenge for his year's team to deal with and to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I just hope the guys are back to at least 90% by Friday and 100% by Saturday. I know they want to win this thing and end the STL funk!
      Not sure Joe, Garrett and Carl will be back to 90% - 100% but I think there is a good chance they will be able to play effectively, although they may require more rest than normal.

The concern for me is the unknown and unknowable, who if anyone, comes down with the bug between now and Sunday? Hopefully, that's a big zero.

Comment

If I get sick in STL I will go breathe on Dougie and Etchasketch.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          We've had games when Joe's been down, and we've had games when Stutz has been off, but I'm not sure we've had one when both have been off.
          Yeah we did. Alabama, Temple, and Creighton.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I was home sick Monday and Tuesday this week with what I assumed was a flu virus. Fever, headache, cough, runny nose (but no congestion). I didn't have any gastro-intestinal issues. Now feel like I'm getting a cold. Doesn't seem to fit either one of the viruses going around. More like a mix of the two.

I just hope the guys are back to at least 90% by Friday and 100% by Saturday. I know they want to win this thing and end the STL funk!
            This seems very similar to what I have. I got sick last Wednesday, started out with a fever, body aches, and a head ache. After that I started to develop an upper respiratory condition like a sinus infection, I then developed a sore throat and had a cough that kept me awake last night. Finally today, I am starting to feel more like myself. This thing knocked the energy out of me for a solid week.
            “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

This is what Paul Suellentrop just posted to twitter:

WSU's sickness appears to be fading. Ragland and Stutz practiced today at Scottrade Center. Both say they are feeling better.

This is good news!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                This is what Paul Suellentrop just posted to twitter:

WSU's sickness appears to be fading. Ragland and Stutz practiced today at Scottrade Center. Both say they are feeling better.

This is good news!
                Feeling better as compared to what? I stubbed my toe last week but I'm feeling better than when I broke my leg in three places thirty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Feeling better as compared to what? I stubbed my toe last week but I'm feeling better than when I broke my leg in three places thirty years ago.
                  How the hell am I supposed to know? It was Paul that posted it. And they are practicing, which is a good sign. That's all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Most likely they are feeling better compared to Tuesday when he first reported their illness...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Most likely they are feeling better compared to Tuesday when he first reported their illness...
                      Obvioulsy, Paul wasn't comparing how they feel today to something that happened 30 years ago. Clearly he was talking about how they have been feeling in recent days. Maybe that doesn't give us the detailed medical report we would all like but that's just not forthcoming in this day of HIPPAA regulations. At least he didn't report they were feeling worse.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        It will definitely be a factor for the Shox and you're right, even if they get well by Friday, will their stamina/endurance be affected? As someone said, better now than having to deal with this in the NCAA's. The last time I can remember a key player getting ill was PJ in Vegas and the team went downhill after that. I'm crossing my fingers.
                        I remember that as well. Great start--LSU, Saracuse,ranked 8th in the country and then...timber!!! PJ got sick and it all fell apart. Was that 07? The year after our Sweet 16 run???

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                          I remember that as well. Great start--LSU, Saracuse,ranked 8th in the country and then...timber!!! PJ got sick and it all fell apart. Was that 07? The year after our Sweet 16 run???
                          Don't make the mistake of hanging out with KC, shocksr. PJ's illness was the least of the Shockers' problems that year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                            I remember that. I also remember how that is not remotely similar to the teams current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Don't make the mistake of hanging out with KC, shocksr. PJ's illness was the least of the Shockers' problems that year.
                              I understand and...thanks for the advise. That seemed to trigger the downfall though and many other things contributed.

Comment

Of course it's not similar circumstances in terms of personnel, chemistry, and what was at stake, the correlation was that our star player missed a game due to illness and we lost. That simple. We lose one or more of our starters tomorrow, our chances of winning go down. That simple. Thank goodness we have a bye and ISU blue did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X