Ramon Clemente - Basketball Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramon Clemente - Basketball Warrior

It seems we focus threads only on the negative at times and I want to give Ramon his props.

How many really thought there was much chance that Ramon would play this weekend after getting 2 screws in a finger?

Ramon Clemente 3 for 4 from field, 8 RBDs, 7 points, 3 steals

The bigger intangible was the leadership he showed by sucking it up where he must be feeling pain for the greater good of the team. Meanwhile there are other players who refused to figure out there is no "I" in team.

I thought that was very huge of Ramon to do. Kid is tough as nails. :good:
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Amen to the tough...

He also has great taste in jackets...
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Re: Ramon Clemente - Basketball Warrior

Originally posted by SB Shock
        It seems we focus threads only on the negative at times and I want to give Ramon his props.

How many really thought there was much chance that Ramon would play this weekend after getting 2 screws in a finger?

Ramon Clemente 3 for 4 from field, 8 RBDs, 7 points, 3 steals

The bigger intangible was the leadership he showed by sucking it up where he must be feeling pain for the greater good of the team. Meanwhile there are other players who refused to figure out there is no "I" in team.

Awesome positivity SB your a true shocker fan.

Not to shoot down your point.
        but I figured hed play.
        Just cause i know him personally
        and its just his character.

But yea.... Go Ramon.
        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

lol...Razor

Comment

Wow. You can't help but admire and respect his guts and desire.

Comment

There should be no doubt...

You could tell it just by looking at him...

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Razor Ramon? AWESOME Avatar!

Comment

HCGM raved on about Ramon and his intestional fortitude in playing in the Bradley game. Despite his injury, he was instumental along with Gal and PJ in us winning that game. RC will only get better and we have not seen his prime time yet----but we will. I like Ramons "wheels" as he refers to meaning his skate board.

RC brings to the table high-octane energy levels, a competitive spirit, and his genuine smile reminds me of "Good News" Cliff Levingston from days past. Next year, when C. Hannah gets here, watch out. They played Juco ball together and "Mr. Clemente Sir", had a 40 point outburst versus San Jac. Guess who was feeding him the ball in the sweet spots to assist in this transpiring? Once HCGM asked RC "who is meaner than you??? Our Coach can motivate and RC will lead this team in rebounds. RC is THE MAN!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

One of the gutsiest performances I have seen in a while. Not the same stage but brought back memories of Tony Martin laying in traction for three days then playing in the battle of New Orleans!

Comment

Ramon is a monster. Would be an even greater player if he was allowed to specialize and not carry so much of the load. He could be the ultimate rebounding machine.

T

...8)

Comment

What is up with Cold reviving old topics and inserting "things that make you go hmmmmm.." material into threads?

Is he just being a smartass or trying to be nice and take people's minds off the GM to SC issue?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                          What is up with Cold reviving old topics and inserting "things that make you go hmmmmm.." material into threads?

Is he just being a smartass or trying to be nice and take people's minds off the GM to SC issue?
                          For the benefit of everyone, bumping a bunch of old topics, regardless of the reason, is annoying and poor forum etiquette.

As a result, I've given CB a day or two to recover from whatever prompted him to be so discourteous.

Comment

C0|d discourteous? Perish the thought! :clap: :good:

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              For the benefit of everyone, bumping a bunch of old topics, regardless of the reason, is annoying and poor forum etiquette.

As a result, I've given CB a day or two to recover from whatever prompted him to be so discourteous.

Royal, did you change your mind or has Cold out smarted you.....LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X