X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Shockers vs. UNLV Pregame Discussion 11-21-21

UNLV (3-1) vs WICHITA STATE (3-1)
    ROMAN MAIN EVENT

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2021 | 10:59 P.M. CT (THIS IS WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF WE WERE IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE!)
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA | T-MOBILE ARENA
    TV: ESPN2
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: WICHITA LEADS SERIES 3-1
    LAST MEETING
    : DECEMBER 9, 2015. CHARLES KOCH ARENA. WSU 56 - UNLV 50

Runnin' On Empty = 70
    Ghost of Ragland = 89

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

It's ridiculous to start a basketball game at 9pm (local time) on a Sunday night. Imagine if we were playing Michigan in this game? That would be a 12am tip for those watching in Ann Arbor.

Comment

Just remember this one when people start talking about Shockers joining Mountain West....

Comment

So when I wake up for pee number two, I can just throw the TV on to catch the game.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
            Just remember this one when people start talking about Shockers joining Mountain West....
            Does the Mountain West have a lot of games starting at 9:00 pm Pacific Time?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Does the Mountain West have a lot of games starting at 9:00 pm Pacific Time?
              Not usually. These tournaments just have wacky schedule times.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not usually. These tournaments just have wacky schedule times.
                So would it be reasonable to assume most of the Mountain West road games would probably start by 7:00 pm MT which would be 8:00 pm CT?

Comment

So would it be reasonable to assume most of the Mountain West road games would probably start by 7:00 pm MT which would be 8:00 pm CT?
                  Except for the games in the Pacific Time Zone. Those typically start at 7 local time, so 8 MT and 9 Central. SDSU has a few 6 PM games (7 MT and 8 Central) if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    It's ridiculous to start a basketball game at 9pm (local time) on a Sunday night. Imagine if we were playing Michigan in this game? That would be a 12am tip for those watching in Ann Arbor.
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't consolation games/3rd place games usually played before championship games? Seems a bit odd to reverse that although I am sure that the TV broadcasters are driving that decision these days. But it's almost as if they are trying to keep the veiwership down. I'm sure the advertisers love that approach.

Comment

Get the latest Wichita State Odds, see their recent and upcoming schedule, matchups, injuries, stats, and team news.

Shockers currently 3 point favorites.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't consolation games/3rd place games usually played before championship games? Seems a bit odd to reverse that although I am sure that the TV broadcasters are driving that decision these days. But it's almost as if they are trying to keep the veiwership down. I'm sure the advertisers love that approach.
                          Right. Except the unspoken purpose by media was to get Arizona vs Michigan on national television at a prime time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Right. Except the unspoken purpose by media was to get Arizona vs Michigan on national television at a prime time.
                            That's fine. Could still have played the 3rd place game earlier.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what to expect tonight, from either team.

I think Kevin Kruger does a nice job and I expect UNLV will have a good scout vs the Shocks tonight.

Rebel fans did show up in good numbers for the late game vs Meeeeshigan but that was a FRIDAY night.

I feel confident around 99% of WSU fans here Friday will be here tonight, free from the burden of work etc tomorrow. It’s not like that for UNLV. Not only are you not getting home more than 15 minutes prior to midnight, you’re looking at a minimum of $35 each way taxi/rideshare (probably closer to $50) or a $45 parking fee if you drive yourself (and add another 15-45 minutes of parking time). In addition, you aren’t playing Michigan and you are in the losers bracket. I won’t be surprised if WSU fans are close to Rebel fans in numbers and spirit.

But then I wouldn’t fault our guys for being flat given all the circumstances I just mentioned, including travel schedule, upcoming games and holidays etc. Just a lot of variables that might, could and will affect both teams.

I thought Vegas was pretty darned good vs Michigan. We will have our hands full with their talent and schemes.

Comment

Working...
                              X