Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You'll never know that.
    I definitely know that because I watched every game of Gregg Marshall’s tenure as WSU coach.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I definitely know that because I watched every game of Gregg Marshall’s tenure as WSU coach.
      What is known is that GGG left HCIB with a team that was shorter than any team he ever had. The front lines he put on the floor against WV, and the other teams cited, were certainly bigger than the team we saw from WSU Friday. No? How'd they do?

Who in the hell would ever want a 6'8" center (if Mo is that), even at the JUCO level, going up against the Zona's and Sooners of the D1 world?

As a matter of fact, the last time WSU fielded a front line this small was when turgeon was getting his a** handed to him in 07. That's about the same time he decided it'd be a good idea to get out of town, while the gettin' was still good.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 21, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
        Has GGG been rumored to have been approached by any programs with openings? Has he appeared on any national media programs as a color commentator?
        You need to ask yourself why that is? Coaches with far more public infractions have rehabilitated their careers/persona in less time.
        Meaningless. We fired him due to candy ass woke snowflakes in charge.

Comment

Has GGG been rumored to have been approached by any programs with openings? Has he appeared on any national media programs as a color commentator?
          You need to ask yourself why that is? Coaches with far more public infractions have rehabilitated their careers/persona in less time.
          If he had just paid players ... He would have a line of suitors. Unfortunately what he did doesn't have public opinion on his side like the other coaches infractions.

And as much as a chunk of fanbase wants to say F public opinion ... It matters ... A lot when it comes to recruiting

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Meaningless. We fired him due to candy ass woke snowflakes in charge.
            We fired him because he did something that isn't acceptable. There was no other choice no matter how much you want to constantly cry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We fired him because he did something that isn't acceptable. There was no other choice no matter how much you want to constantly cry about it.
              Unfortunately, it was multiple things that are unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Thankfully you aren't doing the hiring. 3G was a great coach, but he burnt his bridge and unfortunately the stigma around him would kill the program

Also last I checked we are coming off a conference championship and an NCAA bid. So firing him definitely didn't crater anything
                Fine, if you’re right we will be lucky to have the enormous success we had the previous 10 years I’m happy. If not we live with the mediocrity and you can own that soon enough.

Comment

My guess is he isn’t all that interested in coaching yet. He’s living a great life and getting paid handsomely for not doing anything. Bobby effing knight got hired again. If Marshall wants back in he’ll find a suitor, guarantee.

Comment

There are two issues I don't understand about those that are still having problems with Marshall's firing.

First, where is personal accountability? I don't know where anyone can act anywhere close to what Marshall did and not be fired immediately. Open hand slap, closed hand, or whatever, to the back of the head, the neck, the back, or wherever. (And this is just one allegation).

A manager walks up to Larry after a poor effort at his power point presentation and touches him at all, the manager is gone - no questions asked. Just because Marshall is old school, and we normalize it because we all have been around coaches like this doesn't mean it is ok.

Second, if anyone doesn't think that WSU's recruiting would suffer, they are mistaken. If I have people in the Army asking me "Hey what's going on with your coach?" You don't think that opposing coaches that WSU is recruiting against wouldn't use that ammunition to get into the ear of a WSU prospect?

GM did great things for WSU and we will always be indebted to FHCGM. But there was no way that he could stay on. If that means that WSU struggles and becomes a mediocre Men's basketball team, that doesn't mean that it was due to snowflakes. It means that a potential hall of famer was derailed by a temper he couldn't - and seems - didn't think he had to check.

Comment

Rehashing this is dumb - But - 3G fired himself when he said he never touched a player or a coach.... when he pretty clearly did both.

I love/loved him. Was so great for us and the community at large. It is a damn shame Shaq decided he needed to open his mouth. I have a feeling he is dealing with many things on many levels - so I don't really hold it against him.

But you cannot straight up release a statement that said when you did X when there's dozens of people willing to testify to that being a lie.

That's it. They had no choice.

Move. On.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        Rehashing this is dumb. I love/loved him. Was so great for us and the community at large. Move. On.
                        If you would have stopped right here, you’d have at least 95% with your whole statement. Anything added, you lose at least 45% of your support. This is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If you would have stopped right here, you’d have at least 95% with your whole statement. Anything added, you lose at least 45% of your support. This is stupid.
                          Wrong! Marshall could have kept his job if he hadn't said "none of that ever happened". The moment he said that, WSU had no choice but to negotiate a settlement. By saying "none of that ever happened", Marshall knew he would be getting a buyout. By taking $1.7 mill from the athletic department for something like - what is it? - 7 years?, Marshall showed he has no loyalty to WSU athletics. His loyalty is to his pocketbook.

He has a history of doing that by applying for every P5 job that opened up and insisting WSU compete with any offers he got. That's his right, and actually it's in his best interest to do that. Ever heard of Mark Few doing that?

With the current situation of losing a year of ticket sales and SASO donations followed by this year's reduced attendance, the athletic department has significant financial problems.

If GGG gave a rat's ass about the success of WSU athletics, he could offer a deferment on his buyout until the athletic department could cover expenses, which has to be a serious challenge right now.

Marshall was a great winner as a coach at WSU. He should always be remembered for that. His ability to recruit after the allegations against him, the support of those allegations, and his denial of the allegations meant he was going to be challenged recruiting to WSU.

Marshall chose the route where there was no option to retain him, which left him with a $1mill+ payroll for several years for doing nothing other than damaging the WSU athletic department's ability to hire a decent replacement.

The Marshall lovers are going to rip me for this post, but how much better would WSU athletics be if Marshall had merely apologized even if he was innocent of everything alleged against him?
                          Last edited by WuTheOne; November 21, 2021, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Wrong! Marshall could have kept his job if he hadn't said "none of that ever happened". The moment he said that, WSU had no choice but to negotiate a settlement. By saying "none of that ever happened", Marshall knew he would be getting a buyout. By taking $1.7 mill from the athletic department for something like - what is it? - 7 years?, Marshall showed he has no loyalty to WSU athletics. His loyalty is to his pocketbook.

He has a history of doing that by applying for every P5 job that opened up and insisting WSU compete with any offers he got. That's his right, and actually it's in his best interest to do that. Ever heard of Mark Few doing that?

With the current situation of losing a year of ticket sales and SASO donations followed by this year's reduced attendance, the athletic department has significant financial problems.

If GGG gave a rat's ass about the success of WSU athletics, he could offer a deferment on his buyout until the athletic department could cover expenses, which has to be a serious challenge right now.

Marshal;l was a great winner as a coach at WSU. He should always be remembered for that.
                            You’re just another Clod troll. Who cares what you think? Move on. Nobody wants to rehash the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You’re just another Clod troll. Who cares what you think? Move on. Nobody wants to rehash the past.
                              And you're just another poster who will not accept the facts of the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

And you're just another poster who will not accept the facts of the current situation.
                                The current facts are that Brown needs to earn his million + dollars. He’s the only one I care about and we can find another million dollar coach if he doesn’t.

Comment

Working...
                                X