No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Game Thread 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense....defense...DEFENSE to start the second half!!! Keep this game close. Keep battling guys!!! I'm rather impressed with our effort!!! Only down 7 are you serious?????

Gotta come out hunting on DEFENSE!!! AZ is gonna try opening it up and putting on a scoring display to start the half. Lock in SHOCKS!!! Make 'em work for it!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The secret to beating sons is the same as beating the squawks, allow no alley oops. Stsy with your man and block out.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I thought I was watching the NBA for a second there
        They make shots in the NBA
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm starting to think Etienne's NBA flirtation over the summer screwed with his head. He's not the same player he was last year.

Could be he's not fully recovered from being sick, but he's 2/17 in the last game and a half. That's not even going to get him to Euro ball after he graduates.

When our "team leader" has worse shooting stats than TP, that's a problem. So far the only highlight he's had was a 40' end of game buzzer beater that got him a lot of criticism for not even looking for a better shot.

Comment

• TE is not an NBA PG probably not a European PG but maybe a Europe SG ?
            Right now he shouldn't even be a starting guard here. Pohto doing okay all things
            considered. RC4 with a couple early glaring defensive lapses allowing his man
            to drive right around him for easy dishs and scores that were not our centers fault.
            I want our centers to stay home on D and stop drifting so far away from the rim.
            CP playing well. Should be him Grant at the guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Defense....defense...DEFENSE to start the second half!!! Keep this game close. Keep battling guys!!! I'm rather impressed with our effort!!! Only down 7 are you serious?????

Gotta come out hunting on DEFENSE!!! AZ is gonna try opening it up and putting on a scoring display to start the half. Lock in SHOCKS!!! Make 'em work for it!!!
              I’m with you, even with all things to nitpick at, keeping it at only a 7 pt margin is not bad at all. We can and hopefully will play better

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                This is a TEAM game. Tyson needs to stop auditioning for the G League and play like a college player.
                Not sure we the offense HCIB has installed is conducive to team ball. We appear to be getting what the offense is designed for.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

They make shots in the NBA
                  **Minus the part where they actually make the shot ha

Comment

• It would be nice if we had an actual offense where we passed the ball inside, out, around, or anywhere to free up open looks. But its all one on one

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I’m with you, even with all things to nitpick at, keeping it at only a 7 pt margin is not bad at all. We can and hopefully will play better
                      It's not over yet.

Put TE on the bench if he doesn't/can't drive and dish.

Comment

• Tyson needs to be off-ball. Period. Him dribbling and taking a Hail Mary 3 is just plain dumb.

Comment

• ETN is not NBA material. This distorted viewpoint is not good for him or the team.

Comment

• All in all I am pretty happy with rebounds.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think we’ll look up at some this season and see AZ as a top 15 team

Comment

• What were the halftime rebounds?

Comment

Working...
                                X