No announcement yet.

Interesting factoids from the MVC office - winning 30 games over two seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting factoids from the MVC office - winning 30 games over two seasons

Wichita State (16-2) has won 30 league games the past two years, as the Shockers were 14-4 in league play last season. The last team to win 30 MVC games in a two-year span was Southern Illinois in 2003-04 & 2004-05. SIU won 32 (17-1, 15-3).

Only 12 teams in the MVC's 105-year history, counting Wichita State this year, have won 16 league games in a single season.

Also, it looks like anyone can call in to the coaches media call? It is tomorrow.

Lets hope Ron and Dennis hear about that!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      http://www.mvc-sports.com/media/2011.../mvc_02_27.pdf

Wichita State (16-2) has won 30 league games the past two years, as the Shockers were 14-4 in league play last season. The last team to win 30 MVC games in a two-year span was Southern Illinois in 2003-04 & 2004-05. SIU won 32 (17-1, 15-3).

Only 12 teams in the MVC's 105-year history, counting Wichita State this year, have won 16 league games in a single season.

Also, it looks like anyone can call in to the coaches media call? It is tomorrow.
      According to Suellentrop in the Day After Drake, only 6 have done that.

How elite is 16-2? Four previous MVC teams (WSU 1983, Illinois State 1998, SIU in 2003 and 2004) did it in an 18-game schedule. Bradley (1986) and Indiana State (1979) went 16-0. So that’s a short list these 2012 Shockers join. Of those six, two (Indiana State and Illinois State) also won the MVC Tournament (WSU didn’t participate in 1983 due to NCAA sanctions).

I believe the '82-'83 Shockers were 17-1, however, not 16-2.

An additional factoid, Sully mentions WSU had a MVC conference game only winning margin of 14.1, with Cretin second at 6.6. By comparison, the 1982-3 WSU team had a winning margin of 11.2 in conference games
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

There's a lot more on the fact sheet from the MVC. I encourage to log on today.

Comment

I had a terrible case of factoids once. Like sitting nude cross legged in a cockle burr patch.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
          X