No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Southern Alabama Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t mind seeing a zone for some of the second half, if we can rebound out of it.

Comment

In three halves thus far this team does NOT impress me at all. They really
      struggle in a half court offense. Something has to change or it's going to be a
      a long season. Talent is there though.

Comment

Not much different than game 1.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

On offense - our issue isn’t the missed threes. It is the fact USA has made some plays at the rim and multiple players have fumbled the ball when sped up in the paint.

On defense - I think we need to dare USA to take some longer shots.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Wouldn’t mind seeing a zone for some of the second half, if we can rebound out of it.
            they go to the hole at will right now

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Zone may work, but we could just sag in our man2man in shutoff the lanes to the paint.

Comment

Our screens are pointless most of the time. Feels like it's been this way for years. They not only don't take the defender off the ball handler, but they just double him and we never pass out of it. We just back out and start over.

Comment

This time i found soebody who would take our tickets. How many butts in the seats today?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Our screens are pointless most of the time. Feels like it's been this way for years. They not only don't take the defender off the ball handler, but they just double him and we never pass out of it. We just back out and start over.
                    Sounds like a coaching issue.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      This time i found soebody who would take our tickets. How many butts in the seats today?
                      Corporate seats empty

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        We need a play to run.
                        Dribble Drive offense is the new play everyone runs which means pick and pops and pick and rolls. We’ve missed tons of shots around the basket, wide open threes, and fumbled away three or four balls under the basket.

Pohto is extremely weak physically. He will get pushed around a lot this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sounds like a coaching issue.
                          Maybe, but as I said, been like this for years. Ever since Fred it feels like. But maybe I'm just spoiled by his mastery of them

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Some modern offensive concepts feature screens that are purposely “poor.” It create indecision for the defense on how to handle them. Bill Self actually had an interview a year or two ago where he explained the concept pretty well.

Comment

F$&king asleep

Comment

Is Dennis going to hit a f-ing wide open three? Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X