Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice BPI..

Got to love that!

We're ranked 8th for anyone who doesn't have Insider.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If we keep winning we should end up as a 3 seed. We are currently in the top 10 of the rpi, ken-pom and the BPI.

In the BPI we rank right in front of Missouri (#9) and Baylor (#10).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        If we keep winning we should end up as a 3 seed. We are currently in the top 10 of the rpi, ken-pom and the BPI.

In the BPI we rank right in front of Missouri (#9) and Baylor (#10).
        I'm not counting on it. I think we'll be frozen out at a 5. It seems the perception is that the 1 thru 4 seeds are for the 'big boys'. No little 'mid-major' is going to be allowed in that club. Ridiculous that teams like Indiana will be seeded above us. Yes, they have a couple 'signature' wins, but it appears that a signature win can make up for countless horrible losses (Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota). If we played in a conference that had top 10 or top 5 teams, I'm sure we'd have a win like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          We're ranked 8th for anyone who doesn't have Insider.
          Thats awesome! :) :) :) Out of curiosity does it list CU's bpi? I dont have insider...

Comment

Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
            Thats awesome! :) :) :) Out of curiosity does it list CU's bpi? I dont have insider...
            28th
            In the fast lane

Comment

I don't have insider either, but the link has Creighton at 28.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                I'm not counting on it. I think we'll be frozen out at a 5. It seems the perception is that the 1 thru 4 seeds are for the 'big boys'. No little 'mid-major' is going to be allowed in that club. Ridiculous that teams like Indiana will be seeded above us. Yes, they have a couple 'signature' wins, but it appears that a signature win can make up for countless horrible losses (Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota). If we played in a conference that had top 10 or top 5 teams, I'm sure we'd have a win like that too.
                San Diego St. was just a 2 seed last year. BYU was a 3 seed.

Keep winning out and we'll be rewarded for it.

Comment

Basketball metrics guru Dean Oliver explains ESPN's new College Basketball Power Index, a more tempo-based ranking that improves upon existing college basketball power rankings.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                  X