Gus Grebe has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus Grebe has died

Legendary Shocker announcer Gus Grebe dies at 102 (kwch.com)

RIP Gus… you were a great man.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Sad. The guy I used t listen call the Shocker games on my TRANSISTER radio.

Comment

Here is the podcast that Bob and Jeff had with Gus Grebe last year that was mentioned in the article.

Calling on Gus Grebe (audacy.com)

Comment

Like pogo..........always was listening on my little radio. Was at Dallas stadium back
          when we played No tx state in football and he nearly fell out of the booth leaning out of it.
          after that I believe they put a net in front of the booth for games. Huge Shocker fan and
          great announcer. RIP

Comment

Sad but he had a long life. A true forever Shocker!

Comment

3862865841_ec57f322c8_b.jpg

Comment

" Put it in the deep freeze" RIP Gus

Comment

RIP to a true Shocker legend. He created such a great legacy in a relatively short time calling WSU games. Will be missed for sure.

Comment

Gus's Jersey to the rafters!

Comment

Loved listening to him on the radio. Loved him saying " Put her in the old deep freeze " Rip big guy. Go Shocks.

Comment

He's embedded in my subconscious...that's how old I am. Remember him raving about a big football victory over Arizona State...the team in his words was a "juggernaut".

Comment

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/11/...m-1966-74.aspx

Barry Gaston, former operations manager for KFH, remembers Grebe leaning out of the press box at a football game to describe the action.

"He almost fell out," Gaston wrote in an email. "Those around him caught him by his shirt tail. His enthusiasm for WSU sports came right through the radio."
                          I remember that incident. Gus could get excited. Seems like he was a Shocker a lot longer than 8 or 9 years. He certainly left his mark.

Comment

The best memory I have of Gus is his description on the radio of Warren Armstrong Jabali dunk over some player. Jabali was only 6 ft and built like a fullback but could jump out of a building. Apparently the dunk was so powerful they say Warren damaged the backboard. Gus went absolutely ballistic. I loved them both. Gus was a true champion and ambassador for WSU. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                            X