Wichita State vs. Southern Alabama Pregame Discussion 11-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Southern Alabama Pregame Discussion 11-13-21

UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN ALABAMA (1-0) AT WICHITA STATE (1-0)
    SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2021 | 3:01 P.M. CT
    WICHITA, KAN. | CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    TV: ESPN+
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: This will be the first meeting between USA and Wichita State.

Southern Alabama is coming off of season opener win over Spring Hill College (DII) at home 102-41.

​​​​​​

Coach IB's "Ole' Stomp'n Ground" = 67
    Coach IB's "Neo Stomp'n Ground" = 80

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Well the JSU game is over. A lot of mistakes were made and a number of players missed wide open shots. Make the shot. Make them pay for leaving you open. Coaching needs to get better too. Need to stop all that freelancing on the offense. Players need to run the dam offense.. It's OK to freelance with the shock clock running down or when you get an easy layup because of a blown defense assignment by the other team. Come on man..!!! Got to do better this game. Got to continue to defend and rebound. There are no days off for doing that. South Alabama is no cupcake. Go Shocks.

Comment

Want to see some of the young guys in this game. Jenkins, Ricks, Abidde. Gonna need them as the season goes on. SA has 10 new players on their roster from a team that went 17-12 last season. They have added 6 transfers from power conferences but lost their top scorer from last year to transfer. They were picked 5th in the Sub Belt.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Want to see some of the young guys in this game. Jenkins, Ricks, Abidde. Gonna need them as the season goes on. SA has 10 new players on their roster from a team that went 17-12 last season. They have added 6 transfers from power conferences but lost their top scorer from last year to transfer. They were picked 5th in the Sub Belt.
          Lol. That cracks me up. In order for the young guys to play in this game the veteran players are going to have to play better than they did against JSU. That means the following:

MU will need to stop turning the ball over
          The Shocks will need to shoot the wide open 3 pointers better. (Knock it down)
          TE will need to play a better floor game.
          MJ and RC4 will need to up their game and play more under control.
          J Pleasant and MJ need to get tougher on the boards..
          QG and CP have to keep grinding and play with MTXE
          And defense and rebounding have to continue..
          South Alabama is no cupcake cake.
          Go Shocks.

Comment

Would love to see Abbide get some run at the 4 at some point. He brings a length and athleticism there that could be beneficial and is something those others don't have a combo of. Ricks will have a hard time as Ty and Dex are going to eat up most of the minutes at the 2/3 and C4 will get a lot of what remains. But if he's the shooter we hear he is, they may have to find a way since at least in the first game we have trouble knocking down wide open looks. Jenkins is still a bit of a mystery to me. He's supposed to be a superb athlete but we haven't gotten a taste of that. But we're so deep on the wings. If he can handle the ball and make good decisions, maybe they can find some time at point eventually.

Or we need to blow some people out so they can get some actual game action. Either way, I'm not sure that happens on Saturday.

WSU - 70
            USA - 58

But no matter what, I want more Pohto
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Would love to see Abbide get some run at the 4 at some point. He brings a length and athleticism there that could be beneficial and is something those others don't have a combo of. Ricks will have a hard time as Ty and Dex are going to eat up most of the minutes at the 2/3 and C4 will get a lot of what remains. But if he's the shooter we hear he is, they may have to find a way since at least in the first game we have trouble knocking down wide open looks. Jenkins is still a bit of a mystery to me. He's supposed to be a superb athlete but we haven't gotten a taste of that. But we're so deep on the wings. If he can handle the ball and make good decisions, maybe they can find some time at point eventually.

Or we need to blow some people out so they can get some actual game action. Either way, I'm not sure that happens on Saturday.

WSU - 70
              USA - 58

But no matter what, I want more Pohto
              The only prescription is more Pohto.
              Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

I'm expecting this one to be a struggle, as well, especially with all the transfers from Auburn, LSU, TCU, aTm. I just don't think this team is ready to blow anyone out. At least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post

The only prescription is more Pohto.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Courtesy of WuShock Reaper

South Alabama: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...38#post1307238

Comment

Their board is debating whether the team will bus or fly here. Good lord. That’s a zillion miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                          Their board is debating whether the team will bus or fly here. Good lord. That’s a zillion miles.
                          Oh My.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/GoShockersALERT/...0vKvZDeMA&s=19
                            I also saw a post on FB last night that Social Tap is working on getting a shuttle that'll go to and from the arena so people can pre/post game. That would be a great idea.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I also saw a post on FB last night that Social Tap is working on getting a shuttle that'll go to and from the arena so people can pre/post game. That would be a great idea.
                              They had a game day shuttle running from that area (Shocker Store) a couple of years ago... very convenient pickup, drop-off and post-game return. Sometimes it's simple, but our athletic department seems to make it difficult. I know Covid protocols have been a factor also, but...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X