Next year's RPI....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year's RPI....

Probably putting the cart way before the horse here but...

After looking at next year's out of conference tournament, it doesn't look like we'll have many shots at rpi building non conference games? But I think that many other Valley teams will and the conference should be more improved next season. I think that our opportunities to build our rpi will need to come in conference with wins.

Do we have any big names on the schedule next season? VCU away might be important.

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
    Probably putting the cart way before the horse here but...

After looking at next year's out of conference tournament, it doesn't look like we'll have many shots at rpi building non conference games? But I think that many other Valley teams will and the conference should be more improved next season. I think that our opportunities to build our rpi will need to come in conference with wins.

Do we have any big names on the schedule next season? VCU away might be important.
    I thought we wouldnt have VCU on the schedule until 2 years from now?? Or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
      I thought we wouldnt have VCU on the schedule until 2 years from now?? Or did I miss something?
      2 years from when we played them in the Bracketbuster. We played them last year so that would mean we play the return game next season.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
        2 years from when the game was played, we played them last year, so we play them next year. I think it's the schools' choice if we want to play Davidson next year or two years from now. I'd guess we'd go 2 years again. We'll have Tulsa at home, that'll be a decent RPI game. Possibly a decent IBA game. A decent BB game. We'll have a solid SOS, not as good as this year, but if we're somehow on the bubble, I don't think a weak SOS will be our problem.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          2 years from when we played them in the Bracketbuster. We played them last year so that would mean we play the return game next season.
          Opps I definitely had a brain fart. For some reason my mind confused UNI playing VCU this year with us playing them last year...probably because I was browsing their board yesterday during the different games, was just fun reading what other fan bases were saying in all that craziness. Though man, UNI really really hates Creighton.

Comment

Plus we will have A LOT of growing to do with everything we lose this year. I know alot of you think we won't fall off much, but it's bound to happen with all of the inexperience we are going to have. Even alot of the players we return off of this team hasn't gotten significant enough minutes to determin how well they will perform next year.

Next season is a season you want to schedule a LITTLE lighter to help your young team develop and still have good chances to win before hitting the grind of the MVC. We don't want the non-conference schedule we had this year with next year's team IMHO.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We have a shot at Western Kentucky, Iowa and Depaul in Cancun next year. None of those teams look to be very strong next year or in the discussion for a early season ranking.

Comment

Iowa has been coming on very strong lately. I do not know what they have returning next year.

Comment

Considering how much we are losing from this season, I do not see where we can frown upon Iowa, Depaul, Western Kentucky, hell, our entire schedule. IMO, getting to 20 wins will be a major success if that happens.

Comment

And after last year we lost Durley, Ellis, Blair and Hatch.

Comment

The point is that Iowa, Depaul, et. al won't offer us the kind of rpi opportunity that UNLV and Alabama offered up. I suppose anything can happen at this point but we knew Alabama and UNLV were going to be opportunities for good rpi wins at the end of last season. I don't see anything like that on next years schedule at this point.

Comment

Dunno how weak that early season tourney will be but I don't necessarily see it as a problem anyways. I don't see a Grand Canyon size drop off next year but I do anticipate some growing pains early on. A strong finish this year plus a weak field in next years tourney might be enough to keep us around the top 25 until we can meld the new guys with the returners for a strong finish to the season. The valley should continue to improve so who knows what could happen Dec-Feb. As always I'll enjoy the ride no matter what.

Comment

IMO, we won't score as many points next season......but we won't have to with EO.

DWill is going to be special next year. I like what I saw yesterday with DW, TC, EO, and CH on the floor. That's actually when we put the game away. I don't expect a big drop off.

Comment

Me, either... I think we will be VERY fine!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              And after last year we lost Durley, Ellis, Blair and Hatch.
                              Yes, but we had Stutz, Ragland, Murry, Smith, Kyles and Williams coming back. I don't believe we can point to a comparable core coming back next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X