Travel Perks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Perks

As I was tailgating yesterday before the game, one of my buddies pointed out the Drake Basketball team pulling into the parking lot in their bus. Nice bus, but compared to a jet, no comparison, not even close.

This alone illustrates the difference between our program and most in our conference and how attractive this must be to potential recruits. I'll bet that many major programs don't travel this way either and what a recruiting tool this must be. Many, many coaches would love to have a perk like this in their recruiting arsenal.

Love this program, coaches and team. Really loving this season.

I just LOL'd at Mark Phelps location of his post game press conference. This the way they do things at Drake I guess

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by newshock1234; February 26, 2012, 03:40 PM.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The audio was pretty bad....seemed to be alot of background noise. Actually it sounded like people were partying like it was 1999.

Comment

That's terrible.

Comment

When we fly, don't we take a bus from the hotel to the game? Are you sure they rode the bus all the way from Des Moines. And just who cares if they did? These are just the types of smug comments that cause other schools to dislike the "elitist" attitude of some Shocker posters.

Comment

The only comment to the video is someone commenting about all of the background noise -Shocker fans celebrating!

Comment

I bet drake did bus. WSU used to always bus to des Moines

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                When we fly, don't we take a bus from the hotel to the game? Are you sure they rode the bus all the way from Des Moines. And just who cares if they did? These are just the types of smug comments that cause other schools to dislike the "elitist" attitude of some Shocker posters.
                It wouldn't make sense for them to drive the bus all the way from Des Moines to transport the team from the hotel to the arena. It was definitely a Drake team bus as it was blue and had "Drake Bulldogs" written on it.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                  It wouldn't make sense for them to drive the bus all the way from Des Moines to transport the team from the hotel to the arena. It was definitely a Drake team bus as it was blue and had "Drake Bulldogs" written on it.
                  It just goes to show that the Shockers are truly blessed to have the support they do. I think I heard Marshall say we bussed to the Missouri State game this year but that we flew to all the others. We are very fortunate to have the backing and sponsors and fans that we do have. Not all teams are created equal.

Comment

Wow. I just realized I'm a WSU elitist....and I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                      It's true though and we can back it up. Other schools sure love to prod us whenever they can. Who the hell cares what we say on our OWN message board? Are you MVCfans or Doug Elgin in disguise?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                      X