Wichita State vs. JSU Pregame Discussion 11-9-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I find the amount of that point spread very disappointing.
    Jacksonville State is way better than you would expect from a Jacksonville State lol

Comment

I also took JSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm going with 78-70 Shox. So I guess I'd be taking the Shox and the over.
        This is why I don't gamble.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This is why I don't gamble.
          See how much money you just made?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Let's look at this matchup practically:

Last matchup: Very close, Shocks won.

Last time JSU played Florida State.....Florida State wo...
            ...n 24-0 (9-20-69)

Recent success vs FSU gives a slight edge to JSU, but the game is here:

Can't beat Florida State 68
            Can beat Florida State 64
            Did this get any post-game love? Because that delta.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Where to Watch Wichita State vs Jacksonville State Basketball 2021 - The Heavy
              What to watch and how to watch it. Cord-cutters’ guides for streaming TV, movies and sports online without cable.

By Juan Arango
              Updated Nov 9, 2021 at 10:47am

Jacksonville State vs Wichita State Preview
              With a returning squad and many other transfers that are going, in Jacksonville State are excited to be able to return to the NCAA tournament at the end of the year. Brandon Huffman, a 6-foot-10, 255-pound center averaged 10.4 points and 6.5 rebounds last season. All this was produced while he played in his first three seasons while at North Carolina. The Gamecocks also feature Georgia transfer Amanze Ngumezi and Kayne Henry. Both of these players will offer a great deal of presence underneath the rim and help continue their dominance in that phase of the game.

Offensively, JSU will have an all-senior stating lineup. Amongst the standouts returning, one has to keep an eye on Darian Adams. The who averaged 15.7 points and is a threat beyond the arc. The team also returns a veteran point guard in Jalen Finch. During the last season, his fearless style of play averaged 11.0 points and 4.8 assists last season. The team also adds an impact transfer in Jalen Gibbs, a 6-3 wing who scored 16.5 points per game at Mount St. Mary’s last season.

For Wichita State, they want to start their season in a different manner compared to last year. They were able to finalize some details when they were able to win 90-58 exhibition win over Missouri Southern State. The Shockers were led by Ricky Council IV who was the leading scorer with 15 points. when they ended up being one of the worst defensive teams in college basketball. This is the challenge that playing a team like Jacksonville does offer.

Wichita State do not matchup very well under the rim compared to Jacksonville State and this will be one of the keys to the game for them if they want to come out on top. Leading up to the season, the Wichita State coaching staff made a redefined commitment to improving their rebounding both defensively and offensively. The ones that will be responsible for leading the charge under the boards will be Joe Pleasant and Morris Udeze. With every passing game, the latter established a reputation for getting the most difficult assignments that require him to face the larger frontcourt players and he has come out successful more times than not."
              That was a tough read.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

That was a tough read.
                Makes me appreciate Taylor Eldridge!

Comment

Working...
                X