The number 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number 8

I'm sure I'll get torched for this and its not meant to bring any bad luck to this team but I was on ESPN's WSU site reviewing the overall season and I noticed something completely coincidental.

After our loss to Temple on 11/20 we went on an 8 game run and then lost to sCUm at home on 12/31. Then went on a run of you guessed it 8 games until 1/28 at Drake. That was our last loss. Anyone want to take a guess how many games we've won in a row after winning today?

Lets brake this next Friday.

Your safe. I believe it has already been brought up. I know Mike Kennedy mentioned it on his post-game show. But I agree, time to break the pattern.

Comment

Here is an idea. We just keep our losses at 4 and the crazy 8 thing will mean nothing. 26-4 does indeed require some nice winning streaks. We can add 3 at the Lew and get the monkey off our back there and go then deep, deep, into the Dance as far as our Fab 5 Seniors can lead us. It's all good.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I wouldn't be totally disheartened if we lose our next game then go on another 8 game winning streak. 6 in the NCAA Tournament and our first two games next year. Still it is time we bring home the hardware from St. Louis.

Comment

Why would losing the next game then winning 8 straight be a bad things again?

Edit: '72 beat me to it.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I had thought about that too. It would be disappointing to lose the next one but if we get 6 or 8 more after that who would complain?

Comment

If you are superstitious, take comfort in one thought... Losing on Friday and going on another 8 game winning streak means we are the National Champions.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

It's been mentioned more than once. A couple times by me even. So if there is a jinx I'll take the heat. LOL
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                X