Again... No love from SportsCenter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again... No love from SportsCenter...

I don't understand how we are getting so much pub and love online and in a few tidbits on TV (i.e. College Gameday, etc.) but they still refuse to show our highlights on SportsCenter.

Hell, Creighton has gotten more SportsCenter love then we have the past two weeks. I guess ESPN cares more about CU's mediocre, should have lost, performances then our pure domination of teams.

I hope this just fuels our team even more to put on a show in the Lou and in the Big Dance. They better hope we don't win it all, because they wouldn't have any coverage to show..
    The Assman

When you blow out every team you play its hard to get in the show. I noticed the same thing about CU but of course they are barely winning games and also being talked about in the bubble conversations. Wichita did get on SC. T.O. played against the Wild tonight!

Comment

In all fairness, there were about 4 games from the top 25 not mentioned tonight. Just keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
        When you blow out every team you play its hard to get in the show.
        Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        In all fairness, there were about 4 games from the top 25 not mentioned tonight.
        We cut down the nets and it was senior night. Seems like SC material to me.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          In all fairness, there were about 4 games from the top 25 not mentioned tonight. Just keep winning.
          Yeah Saturday is a tough day to make it in because all 25 top 25 teams are playing. Although we may get into a later edition of SC.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            Yeah Saturday is a tough day to make it in because all 25 top 25 teams are playing. Although we may get into a later edition of SC.
            We didn't make it in Wednesday night/Thursday morning either, after clinching the regular season title. At least from what I saw.
            The Assman

Comment

Yes Wednesday we were victims of Linsanity. I've seen the SC highlight online so I think we made it earlier. I know I saw us on the list on the side of the screen earlier in the day on ESPN News but as the day went on and more games finished up we have been banished. Unfortunately they are talking WAY too much about KU/MU.

Comment

I saw our Illinois State win story twice on espn Wednesday night, but it was on espn news and College Basketball Live. I didn't see SC that night.

Comment

I just flipped over to espn right now to see if SC was on it they were doing a story on the CU-Indy State game. Maybe SC still thinks CU is ranked instead of WSU. :pride:

Since I just flipped it over, they might have run our story earlier in the day. Since we had an early game, we might have been in earlier editions and got bumped for other games as the day went on.

Comment

To be fair, the KU/MU game lived up to all of the hype. The storyline there is nationally relevant (century long rivalry, a team changing conferences, yadda yadda) and wrote itself. We thumped a mediocre Valley team like we've been doing all month, exactly what we were supposed to do.

It is clear to the ESPN talking heads that the Shockers are dangerous.

Let the press come when we shred the rest of the Valley in St. Louis and set our boys up for two weeks of chomping at the bit waiting for their shot in the Dance.

Comment

Its alright. I'd rather stay under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                        Its alright. I'd rather stay under the radar.
                        I think it is a little too late for that.

Comment

Originally posted by n8 View Post
                          We thumped a mediocre Valley team like we've been doing all month, exactly what we were supposed to do.
                          That's exactly right. It's become ho-hum at this point as far as the media is concerned and is nothing special. I can wait for the media to slobber over us again if and when we make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

It's total BCS bias on ESPN. If a BCS team had an RPI of 11 and ranked 19th in the polls, they'd be getting video footage ran all day. But we are just a small mid in the middle of America so who cares. I really hope this team makes a deep run in the NCAA's - not just for us and the university, but to keep up the trend of mids doing damage in the post season. If not us, but some other mid.

Comment

Ehh id be more upset if there were no local coverage
                              Last edited by Awesome Sauce Malone; February 26, 2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X